Page 102 of 152 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1520

Thread: Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)

Decided to give fish a try on my RecTeq RT 700. This is a 3.5 lbs Alaskan King Salmon filet. Made a honey bourbon glaze to go with it. It was tasty.Name:  PXL_20210701_223459953.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  72.4 KBName:  IMG_20210701_170251.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  61.4 KB

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Fried Tofu and Chunked Chicken Thighs in Yellow Thai Curry.
    Made it on the side burner of the gas grill, so, legit to post in this thread.
    Just cleaned the kitchen and didn't want to mess up the cooktop.

Lack of vegetables is due to the fact that my son refuses to eat anything resembling a vegetable most days. I've seen his GF get him to do it, but, if I put veggines in there I'd have to eat all the leftovers myself. Which would be fattening but not tragic.

This wok I got for Father's Day has been awesome. Whatever they did to polish the inner steel surface make it like glass. A few cysles of seasoning with Canola before first use and nothing more than water/steam and a stiff brush to clean it since. I did order one of those chain-mail steel surface cleaners from Amazon. Should be here today. So far, hasn't been needed.

Name:  Curry.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  50.8 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Fried Tofu and Chunked Chicken Thighs in Yellow Thai Curry.
    Made it on the side burner of the gas grill, so, legit to post in this thread.
    Just cleaned the kitchen and didn't want to mess up the cooktop.

Lack of vegetables is due to the fact that my son refuses to eat anything resembling a vegetable most days. I've seen his GF get him to do it, but, if I put veggines in there I'd have to eat all the leftovers myself. Which would be fattening but not tragic.

This wok I got for Father's Day has been awesome. Whatever they did to polish the inner steel surface make it like glass. A few cysles of seasoning with Canola before first use and nothing more than water/steam and a stiff brush to clean it since. I did order one of those chain-mail steel surface cleaners from Amazon. Should be here today. So far, hasn't been needed.

Name:  Curry.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  50.8 KB
    Food processor shredder disk and a long, hot cook time gets most of the benefits of the veggies without the notice...

Glad you like your new wok.

Some days I question my decision not to write the cookbook "101 Ways to Wok Your Dog...."

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 07-02-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    That's what I was looking at.

But you said Rec Teq and now I'm looking at this: https://www.recteq.com/RT-B380-Bulls...d-Pellet-Grill

Which is lighter, trade off smaller, but I'm okay with that. For greater portability and especially good quality.
    my wife's, cousin's, husband had a big pull-behind pitt for years, and is what I would call "serious about bbq". He bought a Rec Teq normal smoker a few years ago, much to everyone's surprise, and swears by it. I've taken that as strong endorsement.

I see on fb that he's not also got one of those mini-jobbers like you link to that they appear to be hauling around in their camper. I'd take that to be a strong endorsement of the small version as well.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Spent about 2 years trying to find a place and we finally have a contract. Good thing: Massive deck. Bad thing: No awning or coverage.

What are folks using for coverage for all weather? I'd like to get something to cover the grill and do as best as I can to protect it from the elements without making it onerous to use at the drop of a hat. Grill gazebos seem to be the way to go, until we figure out if we're gonna do any kind of awning, canopy, or gazebo.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Spent about 2 years trying to find a place and we finally have a contract. Good thing: Massive deck. Bad thing: No awning or coverage.

What are folks using for coverage for all weather? I'd like to get something to cover the grill and do as best as I can to protect it from the elements without making it onerous to use at the drop of a hat. Grill gazebos seem to be the way to go, until we figure out if we're gonna do any kind of awning, canopy, or gazebo.
    I'm assuming you're looking for something permanent-ish, so you can just walk out, maybe pull off a grill cover, and get to cooking? not something you have to put up and take down each time after you drag the cooker out from some storage location?

We had an AirBnB in Helen, GA ealier this year where they had a grill gazebo over a propane grill. It seemed to me to be getting a bit discolored from excessive heat, so if you go that route I'd maybe keep that in mind.

I already have a charred spot on my corrugated metal awning over my smoker from the chimney starter, which has me looking at either (a) alternative means of starting the coals or (b) going to a pellet cooker.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Ideally not even use a cover. The grill gazebos seem to be the way to go, and it'd be for a smoker, not a grill, so heat will be a little lower.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post

An inexpensive e_z up when needed.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    An inexpensive e_z up when needed.
    I did this for a long time.

It sucks.

Hard.

Now that I have a more permanent setup where I don't even have to put the cover on the smoker, I'm cooking literally 5 times as much simply because the fiddle-fart factor is lower.

The e_z up was what I used to use.
    The Weber and Traeger are on our deck. We have a large farmers porch attached to the deck.
    I'll light the Weber on the deck, but in rain, pull it under the farmers porch to cook
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List