Page 88 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

Thread: Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)

Just threw a chuck roast on the pellet smoker. Plan to smoke at 220 until I hit 165, then wrap and finish at 200F.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Just threw a chuck roast on the pellet smoker. Plan to smoke at 220 until I hit 165, then wrap and finish at 200F.
    Which pellet smoker do you have? I've been looking at them pretty hard this past week.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Which pellet smoker do you have? I've been looking at them pretty hard this past week.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Camp Chef DLX. I've had it for ~2 years. Original controller died, not sure why. It started flaking out where the knob was very sensitive to position, then one day it wouldn't turn on. I bought the new Wifi controller from Camp Chef as a replacement. Seems to work well and I like adjusting/monitoring temp from my phone.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    When I was looking last year all I saw in my searches was that the chubby was made in China via 3 different reviews.
    Turns out this is correct, straight from the horse's mouth. It also appears they do not have a warranty beyond the "return unused within 30 days" and "we'll try and work with you." So, fuck that.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Turns out this is correct, straight from the horse's mouth. It also appears they do not have a warranty beyond the "return unused within 30 days" and "we'll try and work with you." So, fuck that.
    No shit, I ain’t got time for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Damn, that's nuts. It doesn't have the moving parts of a pellet grill but still I second the fuck that.

They sent me their warranty info today, apparently there was more to it then what they originally sent:

The Backwoods Smoker offers a one year limited warranty, which covers all materials, parts, (thermometers, racks, latches, fire & ash pan, and water pan) and workmanship when used under normal conditions.

This warranty is extended only to the original purchaser and is not transferable.

This warranty does not cover damage caused by abused, neglect or accidents.

This warranty is void if any temporary or permanent modifications, alteration or additions are made to the inside or outside of the smoker / grill without consulting the manufactures for possible performance issues.

The warranty has me looking at bumping from the Rec Teq 340 to the 590. Warranty bumps from 2 to 4 years. I was concerned that I’d regret the smaller grill but not enough to force me to the larger, the warranty may be enough to sway me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    The warranty has me looking at bumping from the Rec Teq 340 to the 590. Warranty bumps from 2 to 4 years. I was concerned that I’d regret the smaller grill but not enough to force me to the larger, the warranty may be enough to sway me.
    I looked at the 340. I like the idea of how versatile it is with the heats it can obtain and how light it is to roll around. I'm just shy of a grill with electronics after the GMG deal. I just can't overcome my inherent cheapness yet because I'm afraid to spend the money and then be disappointed with the result.

Beef ribs were half off at the butcher shop, so I'm finally going to give that a go. Chicken breast and wings today, ribs probably Monday.

Tips on beef ribs?

User Tag List