Page 128 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1517

Thread: Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Well, that seemed to work out pretty well…

Attachment 93542

Attachment 93543
    Brontosaurus?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Brontosaurus?
    Name:  08E60987-7B8F-46DE-AAEA-1EB020DB129A.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  89.3 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Picked up an 11 pound butt for $0.97/lb on Tuesday. Seasoned and wrapped in the fridge for 2 days then plunked it in the smoker this morning. I switched my pellets to 100% charcoal and I'm VERY looking forward to tasting the results.....

Currently only 160F internal, so, probably 3-4 hours to go.... Then rest.
    I'll pull it tonight and we're having friends over tomorrow. Need to make slaw in the morning.

#drooling
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Please get some dry ice, and I will send you my mailing address for the leftovers 🤤
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Please get some dry ice, and I will send you my mailing address for the leftovers 🤤
    AAR forthcoming

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Pork came out great, but, to me, only a small improvement from smoking with straight Hickory. I was expecting "more" charcoal. Still delish.
    I did the last one with a Hickory/Charcoal blend and liked that one less than either straight Hickory or straight Charcoal pellets. Unexpected.

We had 8 for dinner on Saturday and all reports were good.
    Cornbread, slaw (no mayo), grilled corn in the husks (excellent), grilled zucchini ...

Wife makes an amazing BBQ sauce with chipotles that's much less sweet than traditional red sauces, plus I make my own version of NC down-east vinegar sauce.

Anyone ever tried "Monkey Gland Sauce"? Not bad at all on smoked pork... although, what a horrible name

Check out my butt.

Name:  Butt 2.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  84.7 KB

Oh dear God.....
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I made a few of these this weekend.

Got them up to 115 on my pellet smoker then seared them on my Weber to bring them up to a perfect medium rare.

Name:  IMG_2854.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  55.9 KB

Site Supporter
    I had no idea that there were genuine charcoal pellets and suddenly I'm thinking hard about a pellet smoker.

Quick Ooni update (while I’m still mad)…

Fuck this stupid fucking thing.

Temp and gas knob on the rear should have been the first clue that it was designed by a moron.

Now, to further compound on that horrendous design choice, the metal spindle gets hot as shit and the knob softened and is allowing the knob to slip.

In addition to all of that, cooking one pie at a time is just stupid. Six people all with personal pies means nobody is actually going to enjoy the meal.

So, IMO, fuck this home cooked pizza fad. I have a phone and they can have exactly what I want delivered to my door in less time than it takes the Ooni to heat up (30 min is the recommended time).
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List