Page 110 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1512

Thread: Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)

Site Supporter
    Another kudo for Broil King warranty. We use our gas grill A LOT. 2-3 times a week, year round. More in the summer. Purchased in 2014. I keep it covered when not in use and clean it regularly. Last year they replaced all 5 stainless burners (lifetime warranty), at 6 years old. Not bad for stainless burners that get lots of use. Swap was easy enough.

Last week, while cleaning, I caught some rust-through in the body of the grill. My only regret about this grill is that it doesn't have a cast-aluminum body.... It's stainless, but, it's got a lifetime warranty, as it turns out. A call to BK, sent them a few photos. Today got a note to call and pay them a $15 shipping fee for a replacement grill body, side shelves and brackets.

Of course it's all on back-order, but, my grill works fine in the mean time. With just some extra venting
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I am new to the smoking game. I bought a small cheap Pit Boss smoker in late-September and I have used it 3-4 times a week since then. My favorite was a meatloaf and a chuck roast. I sous vide the chuck roast at 122 degrees for 24 hours and then smoked it for an hour and seared it on the grill. It was still medium rare when we ate it.

Site Supporter
    Wife made turkey pot pie with the leftovers on Saturday. It was freakin awesome. Gone by Sunday.

Went to Costco on Sunday and they had their leftover turkeys on discount. $5-off marked price. We picked up a 13-pounder for about $8. I spatchcocked and seasoned it, put it in the fridge and plan to smoke it tomorrow. 225'F to about 110'F internal, then up to 375'F until about 155-160'F internal to crisp the skin. Rest to 165'F internal and carve....

We've talked about trying this for a while. For $8, it was a "why not" decision. Worst case, we can pick it and freeze the meat until Christmas. Or, make more pot pies.

Will follow up with pics eventually.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Wife made turkey pot pie with the leftovers on Saturday. It was freakin awesome. Gone by Sunday.

Went to Costco on Sunday and they had their leftover turkeys on discount. $5-off marked price. We picked up a 13-pounder for about $8. I spatchcocked and seasoned it, put it in the fridge and plan to smoke it tomorrow. 225'F to about 110'F internal, then up to 375'F until about 155-160'F internal to crisp the skin. Rest to 165'F internal and carve....

We've talked about trying this for a while. For $8, it was a "why not" decision. Worst case, we can pick it and freeze the meat until Christmas. Or, make more pot pies.

I am definitely feeling "left out" on the turkey dinner thing since we were out of town. I did have some, but the lack of leftovers is killing me. I will likely need to look into preparing something this weekend, even if it also means boxed stuffing and mashed potatos, and jarred gravy.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I am definitely feeling "left out" on the turkey dinner thing since we were out of town. I did have some, but the lack of leftovers is killing me. I will likely need to look into preparing something this weekend, even if it also means boxed stuffing and mashed potatos, and jarred gravy.
    We cooked our TG Day turkey in a Char Broil Oil-Less "fryer", so we didn't have much real gravy.... Wife doesn't like the gravy out of that thing.

I can recommend the Pioneer brand Turkey Gravy as a decent substitute... Throw in some bits of turkey shrapnel and Stove Top Stuffing for texture.
    https://pioneerbrand.com/portfolio-p...vy-mix-1-41oz/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

3.5 hours on the smoker, start to finish. Resting now. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict awesomeness.

Haven’t gotten to make use of it while cooking yet, but I have pretty high hopes for this thing as a bbq cart.

Swapped out the chintzy stock casters for better, lower, 4-way swivel, casters to be able to have more freedom of movement and get it down closer to the final anticipated height of the counter top. Happy accident, the bottom of the cart has threaded holes for the stock casters and the holes in the new ones lined up perfectly!

3" Swivel Caster Wheels with Safety Dual Locking and Polyurethane Foam No Noise Wheels, Heavy Duty - 250 Lbs Per Caster (Pack of 4)

Name:  40DDBE26-4DB3-483E-BB8C-6EDC92255A90.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  62.9 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I did my first overnight brisket, it's about ready to pull. Temp probe is going in with almost no resistance, so that's a good sign.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I did my first overnight brisket, it's about ready to pull. Temp probe is going in with almost no resistance, so that's a good sign.
    Name:  20211225_080233.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  40.7 KB
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Put a 8 pound turkey breast on the Weber grill for a 13:30 removal.
    Simply spices, always comes out great.
    Skin gets blackened from the hickory smoke, but the meat is always tender and juicy. Name:  20211225_112329.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  34.4 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List