Page 117 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1512

Thread: Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)

Site Supporter
    ^^^ Nice!

Salmon looks great.... I think I'm going to make some Gravlax this weekend...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Wink

Learned some things today, and had some general thoughts and reflections…

The thing I learned is, bbq is like shooting (and a lot of other things, I suppose) in that you may be the expert of your own little world, but that doesn’t mean you know didly in the grand scheme. That goes both for taste or ability to discern what’s good, and ability to achieve it.

My reflection is, in all these years of people telling me that my bbq was good, I just assume they were being polite and it was they that lacked the taste and I that lacked the ability. I now believe them and have a lot greater faith in my Lana abilities.

Finally, if one should hail from somewhere that thinks they have the lock on what bbq is, (a) they don’t and (b) nobody else give a a shit. Proclaiming “I am from Texas and I know good brisket” or “I’m from Kansas City and I know good bbq” is not an actual bona fide, nor does endear one to anyone. Which, perhaps, y one doesn’t care about. In which case one might reconsider the need for the proclamation to begin with.

ETA, same applies to bagels, pizza, or whatever consumable one’s region might lay claim to.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s
    ETA, same applies to bagels, pizza, or whatever consumable one’s region might lay claim to.
    Those very two things are sorely lacking in NH, or at least in my little world up here.

The pizza is abysmal, and bagels could pass for those small spares that come with small cars.

There's a place in the valley, https://bigdavesbagels.com/ that does a pretty good bagel. He originally hails from NJ, so he gets it. Even offers Taylor ham.

Pizza, there's nuthin' good up here.

When we have it, we make our own on the Weber.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Pizza, there's nuthin' good up here.

When we have it, we make our own on the Weber.
    Trying to recover my own hijack…

Pizza seems to be all the rage in outdoor cooking now. Pellet guys are cooking them, home pizza ovens costing more than my first car, add-ons and doodads… I’m gonna have to try it again. Wife didn’t really care for them, and honest.y I find the dough to be maddening to deal with.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Pizza seems to be all the rage in outdoor cooking now. Pellet guys are cooking them, home pizza ovens costing more than my first car, add-ons and doodads… I’m gonna have to try it again. Wife didn’t really care for them, and honest.y I find the dough to be maddening to deal with.
    Last couple of pizzas we made at home I went to the local pizza shop and bought the dough. $3.00 well spent.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Last couple of pizzas we made at home I went to the local pizza shop and bought the dough. $3.00 well spent.
    Indeed.
    We did make our own dough, but the local Shaws sells a pizza dough that's awesome.
    Between the Mrs and I, we split the dough and make 2 different styles.

Site Supporter
    Yep. Buy pizza dough too for the $3.00/lb rate. Well worth it...for now...And the dough makes pizzas, strombolis, calzones, and flatbreads....

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 05-15-2022 at 12:01 PM.

Friend's birthday party this weekend, and he's a Traeger guy. I'd like to get him something BBQ-related, but also not sure what a pellet guy might need or want.

any thoughts?

this is one idea I had so far
    Horn Barbecue: Recipes and Techniques from a Master of the Art of BBQ
    by Matt Horn

Friend's birthday party this weekend, and he's a Traeger guy. I'd like to get him something BBQ-related, but also not sure what a pellet guy might need or want.

any thoughts?

by Matt Horn

Meat.

Just sayin....

Site Supporter

any thoughts?

by Matt Horn
    Bourbon. Bourbon goes great with barbecue.

FWIW.... I prefer gadgets to recipe books..... If he's a recipe book guy, and that spiral bound is actually laminated so it can be wiped down, that's nice. If not washable, I'm happy to print a page from my online stash as I need it... then toss it or use it to mop up some of the mess .

-- Pellet storage bins are nice if he doesn't have any. Wife appreciated me moving to bins on the deck.
    -- Rib rack
    -- BBQ mat to keep the deck clean
    -- I really want one of these, but the price just seems outrageous.... LINK.
    -- Does he enjoy Chicken? LINK.
    --- Etc....

User Tag List