Page 136 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1517

Thread: Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)

that little 8% was enough to push me over...

Sale is good for 7 more days from what it says
    https://www.bbqguys.com/napoleon-gri...0rsibpk-3-2019

Name:  347259864_1200141614038340_8961493050026675399_n.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  33.5 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Tried the Hey Grill Hey Al Pastor yesterday. Wasn't too impressed. I think next time I'll use this marinade a rub and smoke the butt to normal pulling temp.

The pineapple salsa, however, was amazing.

Tonight we are going to have the leftover pork over rice with the salsa as a “bowl” so we’ll see how that goes.

Pork process
    https://heygrillhey.com/smoked-al-pastor/

Pineapple salsa recipe
    https://www.seriouseats.com/grilling...t-salsa-recipe

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Tried the Hey Grill Hey Al Pastor yesterday. Wasn't too impressed. I think next time I'll use this marinade a rub and smoke the butt to normal pulling temp.

Tonight we are going to have the leftover pork over rice with the salsa as a “bowl” so we’ll see how that goes.

Pork process

Pineapple salsa recipe

What didn't you like about it? Certainly looks delicious...

I've never tried to smoke sliced shoulder....

I'd be tempted to try this with tenderloin layered with bacon.

Thanks for the recipes.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    What didn't you like about it? Certainly looks delicious...

I've never tried to smoke sliced shoulder....

I'd be tempted to try this with tenderloin layered with bacon.

Thanks for the recipes.
    Main Thing that I didn't like was that I expected more flavor from the marinade. I only marinated it 4 hours but don't think that would change much even with a longer soak.

The second, perhaps obvious, thing is that the marinade between thenflapscant get crisp so I just kinda stays... Moist.

My understanding of a real al pastor is that it's like gyro or shwarma meat in that it stays on the spit and you serve the crispy bits. I saw one guy do it on a gas grill rotisserie and I may try that at some point in the future.

What's everybody got planned for cooking this long weekend?

We are having people over on Sunday so ill probably just do a butt or two. Gonna do another batch of the salsa on Monday for sure too.

Got a new Napoleon propane grill that I have to assemble but not sure it's gonna get used for anything!

The pork belly came out AMAZING

Name:  IMG_1188.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  101.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Out of town this past weekend. Our hosts had a BBQ on Sunday that was nice... more pool and drinks than food.
    Arrived home just after noon yesterday and felt like cooking, so we went to the supermarket and found it had been ravaged by locusts. Name:  LOL.gif
Views: 118
Size:  707 Bytes

Best we could do was some roasted Brussels Sprouts with bacon, garlic and balsamic vinegar with burgers. Seasoned the 7oz patties of 80/20 Chuck with some mandolin-sliced onions (see through thin), fresh grated garlic, chopped jalapenos (pickled, from a jar), salt and pepper.

Instead of grilling, I pan-fried the leftover bacon in a cast iron pan (on the grill side burner, so, qualifies for this thread... ), then pan-fried the burgers in the bacon fat. Melted some Boar's head American on top and served on toasted Dave's buns with bacon, dill pickle slices, red onion, brown mustard and spicy ketchup.

Yes... it was amazing.

Name:  Burger.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  78.4 KB Name:  Sprouts.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  74.9 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Couple pork shoulders. Trying Royal Oak briquettes I picked up at Home depot. I like it when they look like chunks of a meteorite. I really dislike my pellet smoker. Hardly any smoke flavor at all. My buddy thought his was the best thing ever till he tried charcoal smoked now hes looking at charcoal smokers.

Name:  DEADAB1D-2E21-4A3B-95F6-C77621EB8823.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  81.5 KB
    Last edited by UNK; 05-30-2023 at 04:53 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Man thats a nice patio.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Pork process

Pineapple salsa recipe

I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Man thats a nice patio.
    Thanks!

First time I’ve actually used the counter for prep like that. I guess after having the bbq in the driveway for so many years I just got in the habit of always bringing everything inside.

When I did the pork belly I made a conscious effort to do all the steps outside, and it turns out that carrying honey, a stick of butter, and a jar of bbq sauce out to the tiki is WAY easier than carrying two trays of hot meat inside!

Only downside to all this is that it’s across the patio from the house, so everything has to be carried back and forth a ways and there’s no water in the tiki. Next house will have an attached patio with an outdoor cooking space right outside the kitchen.

User Tag List