Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152
Results 1,511 to 1,517 of 1517

Thread: Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I just assumed they could handle grill use. I may take a pass on it, then. Thanks for the info!
    I've had good luck with the Maverick brand

Name:  Screenshot_20240325_142600_Chrome.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  18.5 KB

Site Supporter
    One word: Themapen...

pat

Site Supporter
    The maiden voyage of my Facebook marketplace find (an obnoxious lime green 22" Weber Performer) was trying the Virtual Weber Bullet websites "Hot and Fast Chicken"

The thermopro I bought when first getting into smoking was having meat probe malfunctions, so I was also trying a new probe from amazon as well.

It all worked well. In fact, its the best barbecued chicken I've ever eaten, but I probably overshot with the charcoal. One or two chunks of apple wood seemed to work well.

Can the remaining charcoal be re lit or is that a no-no?

Either way, I look forward to firing up my WSM for the first time since 2019. I have about a bazillion pork shoulders in the freezer (grocery store had it for .99 a lb) and I hope to work my way up to a brisket at some point when I practice enough.

Any good ways to practice brisket without ruining a huge expensive packer?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Considering a Camp Chef DLX 24 as a combo pellet grill/smoker. Does anyone have any experience with one?This would be my first smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Considering a Camp Chef DLX 24 as a combo pellet grill/smoker. Does anyone have any experience with one?This would be my first smoker.
    Ive had one since ~2018.

Easy to use. Holds up reasonably well if you clean it and cover it.

Controller has died twice on me. Original "dumb" controller died after a few years. Replaced it with their WiFi controller. Definitely worth it for the ability to remotely monitor and shut down.

That WiFi controller died early this year and I replaced it with another. New unit definitely has some design changes. Hopefully it holds up. So far I'm averaging 3 years per controller.

I think I paid $400 shipped when I bought my DLX originally. Totally worth it. If I was paying today's prices I might take a close look at RecTec as they seem to have better build quality and materials.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Ive had one since ~2018.

Easy to use. Holds up reasonably well if you clean it and cover it.

Controller has died twice on me. Original "dumb" controller died after a few years. Replaced it with their WiFi controller. Definitely worth it for the ability to remotely monitor and shut down.

That WiFi controller died early this year and I replaced it with another. New unit definitely has some design changes. Hopefully it holds up. So far I'm averaging 3 years per controller.

I think I paid $400 shipped when I bought my DLX originally. Totally worth it. If I was paying today's prices I might take a close look at RecTec as they seem to have better build quality and materials.

I also was looking at the Req Tec Deck Boss 590. The ability to add the side kick to the camp chef and utilize the stuff I already have on it was a selling point ( we keep a Camp Chef stove with griddles and a grill box in our camper).

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    The maiden voyage of my Facebook marketplace find (an obnoxious lime green 22" Weber Performer) was trying the Virtual Weber Bullet websites "Hot and Fast Chicken"

The thermopro I bought when first getting into smoking was having meat probe malfunctions, so I was also trying a new probe from amazon as well.

It all worked well. In fact, its the best barbecued chicken I've ever eaten, but I probably overshot with the charcoal. One or two chunks of apple wood seemed to work well.

Can the remaining charcoal be re lit or is that a no-no?

Either way, I look forward to firing up my WSM for the first time since 2019. I have about a bazillion pork shoulders in the freezer (grocery store had it for .99 a lb) and I hope to work my way up to a brisket at some point when I practice enough.

Any good ways to practice brisket without ruining a huge expensive packer?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Did you keep the top vent closed to turn the Weber into a smoker?

Did you have issues maintaining temp?

User Tag List