Page 13 of 152 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)

Now we're talking meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Got a set of Grill Grates this week to replace the old stock grates in my Weber. Really like them so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    Got a set of Grill Grates this week to replace the old stock grates in my Weber. Really like them so far.

Nice! Is that zucchini slices or potato?

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    Nice! Is that zucchini slices or potato?

Potato. I had a spare big Russet that I knew would go bad if I didn't use it today, but I also wanted to do something quick and easy. Never grilled potatoes but figured I'd give it a shot. Sliced it up, threw the slices in a bowl and into the microwave for along with the corn to par-cook. A little olive oil and salt after that and on to the grill. Pretty easy and they turned out alright.

The steak was great as well; about a 19 ounce NY strip, with 4 Rivers coffee rub and salt.

Got my BBQ on today.
    2.9lbs certified black angus grass fed Tomahawk Ribeye. My butcher has taking care of me every time I've come into his shop, knows his craft and how to BBQ what he sells.

The last pic was after I had already cut my wife's portion for dinner. Still have enough left for some killer chopped steak salad tomorrow night. I have to admit it was down right tasty chewing on the bone, I've never been a bone in ribeye guy.

Got my BBQ on today.
    2.9lbs certified black angus grass fed Tomahawk Ribeye. My butcher has taking care of me every time I've come into his shop, knows his craft and how to BBQ what he sells.

The last pic was after I had already cut my wife's portion for dinner. Still have enough left for some killer chopped steak salad tomorrow night. I have to admit it was down right tasty chewing on the bone, I've never been a bone in ribeye guy.

That looks absolutely amazing.

Gracias Amigo, I'm still learning the grill and haven't tackled anything with a long cook time. Up next is pulled pork then a attempt at brisket.

Site Supporter
    Got my BBQ on today.

It's Glorious!

Might qualify as a form of blasphemy, but I did some ribs using kind of a hybrid procedure. Started with an overnight dry rub and browned on the grill. Then I put them in the instant pot with apple juice and a splash of apple vinegar and cooked on high pressure for a half hour while I went back to the grill to cook some other stuff. Took the ribs out and brushed on sauce then put back on grill to caramelize. Aside from it being a PIA to work with the meat falling off the bones (lost a few chunks that got stuck on the grill) the end result was pretty tasty.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Might qualify as a form of blasphemy, but I did some ribs using kind of a hybrid procedure. Started with an overnight dry rub and browned on the grill. Then I put them in the instant pot with apple juice and a splash of apple vinegar and cooked on high pressure for a half hour while I went back to the grill to cook some other stuff. Took the ribs out and brushed on sauce then put back on grill to caramelize. Aside from it being a PIA to work with the meat falling off the bones (lost a few chunks that got stuck on the grill) the end result was pretty tasty.
    Started on grill, finished on grill....nothing to see here.

Sounds like a great way to do ribs FAST.
    BTW a grill grate pan works wonders if your transferring food like that and crumbling might be an issue.

User Tag List