Page 34 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Outdoor Cooking (smoking, grilling, barbecuing, open spit, etc.)

1 month update: The Rec-Tec kicks ass. Used it for a ton of meals now. Will stay at 180 all day long and can reach 600.

Next adventure: pellet choice...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Wound up with a Rec Tec Stampede. Initial cook went well, did some chicken for work and had a piece. Way better than my Masterbuild electric with a pellet maze. Finished with some chicken sausage that got a little smoke and then raised the temp to 500° F (hit 555° F) and got a nice skin on the chicken and sausages. Working on some wings now.

Got a 2# flank steak to marinate and smoke up for some fajitas this week.
    Smoke flank till it hits 110, then sear on something very hot. Enjoy.

I treat my pellet smoker like a sous vide. Pretty much anything I'd normally grill gets smoked first then finishes on the grill. Wings, burgers, hot dogs, steaks, etc. Even roasts for the Crock-Pot; smoke for 2 hours then throw it in.

The pellet smoker is so friggin easy to use it enables me to use it all the time. Even if we're not smoking anything for dinner that night I'll often have something like a chicken going so that we can have it the next night.

Site Supporter
    FYI - ace hardware online is having a grill sale. I’m going to checkout the traegers in the store and I will probably buy one. Yay or nay on the traeger? I’m interested in the ones with stainless steel grates

The new Traegers are OK, but they've been behind the times for a minute. When I did my browsing there were loads of rust comments, along with others just being better and more featured.

That said, they're all sorta the same and will do most of the same work.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    FYI - ace hardware online is having a grill sale. I’m going to checkout the traegers in the store and I will probably buy one. Yay or nay on the traeger? I’m interested in the ones with stainless steel grates
    My coworker is a Traeger brand ambassador.
    He told me to get the Ironwood series which Traeger just introduced. His IG page is traeger.rage.bbq. He had about 4 Traeger’s of various sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need more pics in here.....

AKA: SkyLine1

Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    Need more pics in here..
    Very, very nice.

I smoked some Trout filets yesterday that were very tasty, although I'm not a Trout fan. Bones.

Love those beef ribs!

Thanks for the pics
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Attachment 42882Attachment 42883these usually take me 3.5 hours to cook had to pull these at 2.75hrs, gone 25, minutes later, sooo good.

Smokes on for the Baby Backs.

AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List