View Poll Results: Which is your carry position?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Appendix

52 43.70%
  • Traditional IWB (3-to whatever)

59 49.58%
  • Everywhere and anywhere

8 6.72%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Traditional IWB in the age of appendix carry

Traditional IWB in the age of appendix carry

Thought this would be an amusing poll since we have the hammer fired in striker thing going. This is my first poll so I may have messed it up. If you carry a certain way please explain why. If you carry a certain way but train live fire from a different position please explain why. If you carry all over the place, please explain why

Used to carry strong side, usually OWB but IWB in the summer. Switched to appendix for comfort while driving and because it's the cool kid thing to do now.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Ok I'll go first. TIWB 4 oclockish. This is the way I started and it works for me much better than AIWB. I just can't seem to get AIWB to work for me no matter how hard I try. It is faster and I see some advantages but it is NOT comfortable, so I just stuck with what works.

Looks like I got beat while typing
    Last edited by BJXDS; 04-25-2017 at 05:41 PM.

AIWB works for me, period. More comfortable and works better with my dress style (aka what my wife tells me to wear). If I can't AIWB then it is usually off-body or on my chest in either a Kit Bag or Gunfighters Kenai.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 04-25-2017 at 05:46 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I cannot see myself ever carrying IWB because to my understanding, the only real negative of AIWB compared to regular IWB is there is less room for error when holstering/drawing. I only carry DA/SA or a Glock w/ SCD ontop of using a safe, deliberate reholstering technique so the safety concern to me is pretty much a non issue.

Carry IWB? Eh...just...no. I mean I cou-...no..

AIWB at 12 o'clock is the most comfortable that I've found for me and conceals 100%.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I started carrying at the 330-4 o'clock position about 9 years ago when I first started shooting and carrying. I then discovered this site a few years ago and have been AIWB since then. It just works better for me and conceals wholly better. Makes sense for me, it's not for everyone but I'm not everyone.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

"Traditional" 0300-ish for "primary" handgun; OWB or IWB, to match my duty pistol location, for a reflexively-programmed, no-mind draw, is my norm. Appendix, whether or not IWB, is normally for other/secondary/tertiary weapons, but in special circumstances, has been an occasional primary-weapon location.

I was AIWB-ing long before it was cool, in the Eighties. I do not AIWB daily at this time. I think that AIWB will become more important after I retire from LEO-ing, perhaps becoming my default primary carry position. I may retire as soon as this year. That is why I am, and have been, recently trying various AIWB options, to see if it is humanly possibly to actually AIWB-carry a G19 CONCEALED, on my skinny frame. The JMCK George may be my final answer. I also recently acquired a JMCK George for the much-more-concealable SP101, a significant upgrade over the nylon rig I had previously used to carry snub-guns AIWB.

If you can physically carry aiwb, with the current level technology available, it is the best method.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Traditional iwb for me. Tried appendix carry with multiple different holsters, wedges, attachment method etc.,and it's a no go for my frame. A jm iwb v3 at 3:30 with a glock 26 is my off duty carry.

User Tag List