Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: off center primer strike

A picture may help, peening on an extractor may be a sign of the lockup issue you mentioned. A .40cal Glock firing out of battery can be a terrible thing, I would disassemble the plunger and extractor and make a close examination of those parts. Also check the trigger bar to see if the lifter that engages the plunger is clean and the correct height, a drop of dykem or permanent marker can show you where it is engaging and how much metal/metal contact you are getting.

I will work on getting some pictures after work today. guess I'll have to work on those close up photography skills.

is this beat up enough to cause firing issues?

peening is actually worse on my g35, happens to all the 40sw i guess

Quote Originally Posted by turbolag23 View Post
    is this beat up enough to cause firing issues?

peening is actually worse on my g35, happens to all the 40sw i guess

This adds nothing useful to the thread, but those are very good photos.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

attempted inside the firing pin channel

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    This adds nothing useful to the thread, but those are very good photos.
    thanks, someone asked for pictures and i was hoping they would help

Those were great photos, the striker channel liner looks great and the plunger looks fine too. I would replace the extractor and spring assembly first, the bottom of your extractor is starting to chip and look worn. I forgot to ask, it the barrel going in and out of battery freely? I hope this helps, if you want to do this on the cheap just call Glock and see if what they may do for you. They have good customer service, not as good as S&W but pretty close.

the only thing that looks really beat up is that extractor. the barrel and slide seem to return to battery fully and easily, I dont notice it getting hung up on anything obvious. I probably should have taken some pictures of that as well.

photography is a hobby of mine so it was fun trying to set those up.

after i replace the extractor if it's still an issue i will give Glock a call. if possible i rather fix it myself without bothering with shipping it to Glock thats why i'm asking around the forums.

thanks for your help and suggestions.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by turbolag23 View Post
    the only thing that looks really beat up is that extractor. the barrel and slide seem to return to battery fully and easily, I dont notice it getting hung up on anything obvious. I probably should have taken some pictures of that as well.

photography is a hobby of mine so it was fun trying to set those up.

after i replace the extractor if it's still an issue i will give Glock a call. if possible i rather fix it myself without bothering with shipping it to Glock thats why i'm asking around the forums.

thanks for your help and suggestions.

turbolag23, were you able to identify the root cause to the off center primer strike issue with your Glock 27? I also have a G27 and just recently started experiencing the exact same problem; I'm getting a small number of off center and light primer strikes with my typical range ammo (WWB FMJ, Federal FMJ) that I've never encountered problems with before. Did the replacement of the extractor finally address the issue or did you end up having to send it back to Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by ronnieboy_920 View Post
    turbolag23, were you able to identify the root cause to the off center primer strike issue with your Glock 27? I also have a G27 and just recently started experiencing the exact same problem; I'm getting a small number of off center and light primer strikes with my typical range ammo (WWB FMJ, Federal FMJ) that I've never encountered problems with before. Did the replacement of the extractor finally address the issue or did you end up having to send it back to Glock?
    i swapped the extractor from my g23 and it seemed to work but unfortunately i didnt pursue the cause too much further. just after that i started carrying my g19c and havent really shot the 23/27 since.

User Tag List