Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: BATFE reverses itself again re: shouldering pistol braces

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As an LEO you know cases are presented to prosecutors and the prosecutors decide if it goes forward and if it does go forward it is now “their” case

U.S. Attorneys for each judicial district are political appointees each has their own priorities.Each city office within a district has different resources, priorities, and workload as well.

In my old stomping grounds we had three USAO city offices in our area. Each had their own intake guidelines and those guidelines changed each year based on work load. We literally had a score sheet and list of aggravating factors which were worthy of consideration. The score on one side of the bridge was different than the score on the other side of the bridge.

It’s triage. In some areas they are only taking felon in possession cases if the suspect has two felony convictions because they cannot keep up with the volume.

All that aside the cane tip modification seems like a chickenshit case. Either they are not very busy in OH or they “know” this guy was doing other dirt and this was the only charge they could take to court. Two possibilities- what you “know” vs what you can prove or they can’t prove what they know without exposing someone or something more valuable.

When you consistently send over good cases that meet every single one of their "required" guidelines and not one gets prosecuted, it gets a little old. I'm sending every pistol case I get for DNA and fingerprint testing after I pulled the gun out of the crooks waistband just to meet their "requirements" and I still can't get my turds federal time. I'm tying up resources and money in our crime lab which is always backlogged on rape kits for a very simple pistol case.

And then you see them prosecuting this bullshit.
    Last edited by andre3k; 11-01-2018 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    When you consistently send over good cases that meet every single one of their "required" guidelines and not one gets prosecuted, it gets a little old. I'm sending every pistol case I get for DNA and fingerprint testing after I pulled the gun out of the crooks waistband just to meet their "requirements" and I still can't get my turds federal time.

And then you see them prosecuting this bullshit.
    Write your congressperson and your local tv station. (While this sounds sarcastic, it really isn’t)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Kinda like how when homeboy gets shot and shows up in the ER and says it was "two black guys" who attacked him while he was "walkin home minding his own business"

(for whatever reason it is always exactly 2 black guys)
    Well he can't say he was beaten up by one dude.
    Last edited by 5pins; 11-01-2018 at 03:29 PM.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Kinda like how when homeboy gets shot and shows up in the ER and says it was "two black guys" who attacked him while he was "walkin home minding his own business"

(for whatever reason it is always exactly 2 black guys)
    SOC MOB
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    SOC MOB
    SOCMOB, SG, OON
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

An AR pistol equipped with a pistol brace allows me to load it and carry it in my vehicle as it falls under my Concealed Pistol License here in WA state. An SBR is not covered by my CPL.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Well he can't say he was beaten up by one dude.
    No, but that would make a lot more sense than homeboy who presents with a GSW that has an obvious trajectory going from his waistband down through his thigh, out and back into his calf, before exiting through the ankle-hem of his jeans. Naturally, 2 black guys (why is it never 2 latinos?). Probably just a coincidence he's a convicted felon and prohibited possessor.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 11-02-2018 at 09:46 AM.

User Tag List