Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Khukuris

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I like Khukuris but I've never owned one. The closest I've got is this obvious descendant of the Khukuri, the UUK:

Attachment 15972

More info here.
    I have at least one of those. Interesting piece.

Thanks Blues et al. I have a WWII 16.5 headed this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Thanks Blues et al. I have a WWII 16.5 headed this way.
    Congrats, Willard. I hope you enjoy it. Please post about it here...or in a separate thread if you prefer.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

A late shooting buddy came to practice one evening with one he picked up that day at SARCO in Easton. Apparently they had shit-tons of the inexpensive but functional blades. I was only in their store once, did not see the Khurkuris as I was distracted by the WWII and older Katanas, and other stuff but the place a cross between an old fashioned army navy store and a disorganized museum where you can buy stuff.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 04-27-2017 at 10:55 AM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

This is what I traded for 5 packs of Camels in 1990 in southern Tibet:

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 9.43.04 PM.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  37.6 KB

Site Supporter
    I'm now the proud owner of one of the British Army Service models (http://yhst-7333098713883.stores.yahoo.net/brarse1.html). Very cool. Looks just like their picture. Didn't need it. Glad I bought it.
    Last edited by Erik; 05-05-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Congrats, Erik. I hope you enjoy it. I think the BAS has a special "just right" feel to it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

My last trip to Nepal we had some down time after flying back into Kathmandu from the Khumbu and did a bunch of wandering around the city. I found a cool shop in Thamel selling nothing but Khukuris. I picked out two that I brought home and gifted to friends. One being a member of our command staff; a giant Norwegian Viking of a fellow who, as you might imagine, was immediately enamored with it. It still sits to this day on his mantel along with a couple other sharp and pointy historical trinkets. I was over visiting earlier this week and remembering this thread, meant to take a photo of it. Alas, I forgot. Figured I'd share the story anyway.

Very cool thread!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I'm now the proud owner of one of the British Army Service models (http://yhst-7333098713883.stores.yahoo.net/brarse1.html). Very cool. Looks just like their picture. Didn't need it. Glad I bought it.
    Excellent choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List