Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Hence the popularity of forums and social media. You can get as much of people as you need or want and then shut it off when you've had your fill. Easy peasy.
    Indeed. I feel sometimes that is a condemnation of our societies. We have become so colorful as to be toxic. A muting of our actions and attitudes might prove dividends for our future.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 04-24-2017 at 03:10 PM. Reason: extra quote... feeling the voodoo... man.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post

"Can my kids pet your dog?" were the first words out of his mouth in a not-so-friendly tone.
    With the admission that I get OCD about "war gaming" scenarios and having been in very similar situations, this one has been running permutations through my subconscious since reading it this morning.
    Then this pops into my head:
    Kids "we wanna pet da dog, we wanna pet da dog..."
    Asshole Parent "hey dickhead, let my kids pet your mutt..."
    Response to the Asshole Family " Would consider accommodate you guys, but you see, he's in THIS HUMPING STAGE. Know what I mean. But if you think its a good idea... "

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Indeed. I feel sometimes that is a condemnation of our societies. We have become so colorful as to be toxic. A muting of our actions and attitudes might prove dividends for our future.
    If by "colorful" you mean that pretty much "anything goes" and there are no longer standards by which to judge behavior and hold folks responsible to respect and follow...then yep, we are pretty much in agreement.

People seem to think they're "old school" when they regurgitate something they picked up on TV within the past six months.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I was reminded recently how many folks don't understand dogs or have any clue about their behavior. A few weeks ago a neighbors shepherd puppy got out of the fence and was running around the street having a great old time enjoying her taste of freedom. A guy up the street called animal control to report a vicious dog trying to attack his kids. Some of the other neighborhood kids came and got me to help catch the dog. It was instantly obvious it was a puppy playing around. A whistle and a clap and she was obediently sitting at my feet. Police officer showed up- it was apparent to him there was nothing worth reporting, and allowed me to walk the dog home as we had figured out who owned her. The guy who called animal control is not the manliest of men, and doesn't have any pets.

I have had people run up to my dog in my truck and try to pet him. GSD sitting in a clearly private vehicle on private land with the back closed up, me getting ready to head out. It ends with me telling people to get the fuck out of there.

People are retarded sacks of shit, Darwin hasn't weeded enough stupidity out over the last few decades.

This is now a human hate thread
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Truth. The older I grow the less love I have for the general public and their stupidity.

True story;

About 25 years ago we had an all-black GSD named Shadow, who was well trained and socialized. Being 25 years less wise than I am now, I had taken her to the field where our daughter was playing soccer. Lots of people, lots of noise, lots of kids.

I stayed back from the playing area about 100 yards, but could still see our daughter on the field. I was standing with Shadow sitting next to me on a short leash, taking it all in. Out of the corner of my eye I spot two young kids making a high-speed b-line toward me and Shadow, so I take a step forward to get in front of her. Within seconds they were on us. I held up my hand and in a friendly voice asked them to stop, which they did touching distance away. As they're trying to end-run my block and reach for the dog, their father showed up.

"Can my kids pet your dog?" were the first words out of his mouth in a not-so-friendly tone.

"I'd rather not, at least not right now" was my response, figuring he would just gather his roaming kids and move on. Shadow was still in a sit, ears up and completely silent. I could tell she could sense my uneasiness with the situation.

"They can't pet your dog? Are you telling me the dog is viscous?"

I was caught flat-footed by his comment, and before I could respond he states "that's it, I'm calling the police to report a viscous dog." I was confident he was going to do just that so I immediately left the field and took Shadow home.

As a dog owner I learned an important lesson that day, and have never again taken any of our dogs to a public setting where children are left unattended.

As parental responsibility continues its downward spiral, taking even well-trained and well-behaved dogs into such areas is simply not worth the risk. Poorly supervised children get injured, run over, etc. but in accordance with today's victim mentality, it's always someone else's fault.

As with firearms, the value of training can not be over-stated.
    Agree re: the stupidity of people. Re;orting a leashed dog that has made no attempt to bite - or even rise from a sitting position - as a "vicious" dog would strike me as making a false report, which is a crime. Still, good move leaving and avoiding the problem of who is more beilevable.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 04-24-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Unfortunately false reports can not be answered with a firm crack of a club anymore.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

The more I read this thread, the more I hate people in general (the moronic ones that want to call the cops on a dog for no good reason.)
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I generally like dogs more than people. A lot more. But a predator is a predator. I don't care if it has two legs or four. If it's a danger to me or those I care about, I'll put it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I love dogs (and cats as well, for that matter) but I still love people more
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List