Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta APX

If the trigger reach is short I'm interested. Otherwise it's a whole big pile of meh for me.

Havent shot the gun yet, but handled it a few times at local stores. Slide is way too big in my opinion. Much too much material for a 9mm gun, or even a platform design to be multi-caliber. The slide is easily as wide as a glock 21 or VP40, and I can't determine why. All aesthetics aside, the gun is just plain HEAVY for what it is. Beretta has it listed just over 28oz, which I question. Or it may be that the thing is very top heavy. Feels noticeably heavier in hand than a glock 17, and much less balanced than the 226 I was carrying. Granted, I can't comment on the shooting characteristics and how all that weight feels in motion, but in the hand it was not satisfying upon initial impression. I have changed my mind about guns before, and I am still very interested in shooting one of the darn things. The slide serrations are great IMO and the trigger felt workable; weird but workable. As afore-mentioned the lack of mag compatability with the 92 or px4 series is just infuriating.... ok, annoying maybe....but still....I have 12 px4 mags....if this gun took those, I'd be so much closer to buying one. Just one man's initial impressions, YMMV

MalloryWall
    Looks good, I'm definitely going to give this one a try when I can.

User Tag List