Thread: video clip from our Critical Pistol Skills class

video clip from our Critical Pistol Skills class

Here is a clip from our Critical Pistol Skills class. We teach multiple techniques for the strong and support hand only manipulations. At the end of the class, we have a set of drills shot on the clock so that each student can establish a personal baseline for measuring improvement. The student gets to choose which techniques they will use. For scoring, we consider the -3 area on the target to be a miss. Each point down adds a second to the time.

This student chose to do the chest roll on the support hand only draws. It is probably the fastest of the techniques, but it is also the one that has the most potential of a dropped weapon.

First Person Safety
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

The shooters side to side hip shake before starting the weak hand draw seemed purposeful. But what is it's purpose?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The shooters side to side hip shake before starting the weak hand draw seemed purposeful. But what is it's purpose?
    He's actually grabbing his belt and pulling it toward the center line; thus, moving the holster into an easier position for the support hand only draws.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    He's actually grabbing his belt and pulling it toward the center line; thus, moving the holster into an easier position for the support hand only draws.
    Ohhhh OK. Very simple. With the back and forth I didn't detect the pistol moving position. Thanks!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Ohhhh OK. Very simple. With the back and forth I didn't detect the pistol moving position. Thanks!

It typically will only work with a belt mounted OWB holster. With a paddle, the belt will slide, but the holster won't. IWB should be self-explanatory.

Looks very useful. I have to sign up for one very soon!
    Instagram @JuryTrialJedi

What is the distance from the target? Looks about 7 yards

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.A.F.S. View Post
    What is the distance from the target? Looks about 7 yards
    You are correct, seven yards.

User Tag List