Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Every Normal Man...

Every Normal Man...

At times must be tempted to spit on his hands, raise the black flag, and start slitting throats. H.L. Menken

With this in mind and a little wine in me, I bought one of these:

http://www.coldsteel.com/1917-cutlass.html

Great reviews and good price at Midway USA ($160.00, free shipping). How cool, I've always wanted a "real" sword. Why, well see above. It arrives at the end of the month. Aarrggh... shiver me timbers! Hopefully it's as cool as it looks. Need a flintlock too, but that's for later...

Carry blade?

I do enjoy a nice sword. Mine was a bit more expensive, and the delivery time took quite a while longer than initially promised.

http://www.marlowwhite.com/swords/marine-nco

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    Carry blade?
    Backup carry blade.

Apparently, the 1917 Cutlass was still in Navy inventory until 1949. Wonder what happened to all of them after that? Civilian Swordsmanship Program? Smelter?
    Last edited by Tabasco; 04-20-2017 at 11:24 PM.

You're gonna have printing issues.

In the spirit of this thread I may buy one of those sweet Viking axes and carry that around...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

If you like Viking axes look up Elmer Roush. He is a Vietnam veteran who forges Viking axes and other Items. Great guy, forges beautiful axes etc....

He also teaches a class on forging Viking axes, spears etc.... It is a very good class, I enjoyed it a lot.

I smell the theme of another get together.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    If you like Viking axes look up Elmer Roush. He is a Vietnam veteran who forges Viking axes and other Items. Great guy, forges beautiful axes etc....

He also teaches a class on forging Viking axes, spears etc.... It is a very good class, I enjoyed it a lot.
    My wallet thanks you.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

At the beep:
    draw
    engage 1st target, 2 to the body, 2 to the head
    holster
    run to 1st table and grab cutlass
    engage 2nd target, crossing slashes at midsection
    run to second table, drop cutlass and grab ax
    engage 3rd target, drive ax into head of dummy
    draw pistol and strong hand only shoot 2-head/2-body 4th target
    4 points down if no guttural roar at end of stage
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List