View Poll Results: Do you carry a hammer fired gun? (1911, DA/SA, LEM/DAK, etc.

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

156 62.15%
  • No

66 26.29%
  • What's a hammer?

5 1.99%
  • I'll carry anything, rocks and sticks included

24 9.56%
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Hammer fired guns in a Striker fired world

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    The sad thing is the spring field marketing works. I'm glad they make money, I just wish people in the gun world could tone down the goof as it relates to guns.
    My eyes hurt from rolling so hard. I don't understand the necessity of a "teaser" video of a blurred out gun. Just show the damn thing when you're ready. I'm certainly not on the edge of my seat analyzing every frame trying to figure out the next Springfield offering. Marketing like this breaks the needle on the Douche Meter

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I wouldn't sneak up on my sister's guard dog, be more aware of your surroundings. As I said, "good luck."
    This wasn't a guard dog. It was an undisciplined pit bull.

It wouldn't let me out of my truck when I drove up to the house, and was subsequently supposed to live on a chain or in the house. That was strike one and I should have killed it the first time it growled at me. After that, it went across the road and ran two of my bulls ($5K each) until they gave out and went into a stock tank. The dog was swimming around them biting at them when someone got the dog off. That was strike two and I should have killed him at strike one.

That's why when my sister called me to check out the water well I assumed the dog was restrained.

The other pit I shot over a year ago killed at least one of my calves and SEVEN of my neighbor's. That's easily $4K worth of gross income in one morning.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    All roads lead to the G19.
    Ton of truth there. Take me, majority of my stuff is hammer fired. But back in November, I shot a friend's FNX45 with a red dot and I really liked it. I didn't wanna start shelling out money for 45 ammo, so I went and got a G19 MOS. I reasoned that it was about the least expensive option out there for a factory red dot ready package. If I end up not liking the dot, I can take it off and have a G19 Gen4, with all the pros and cons that entails (more pro than con).

But it speaks to the G19 ubiquity that the first thing I thought when I was shooting my friends gun was to get a G19 MOS to further explore the red dot vs some of the other optic friendly guns out there.
    Last edited by Jared; 04-24-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

It wouldn't let me out of my truck when I drove up to the house, and was subsequently supposed to live on a chain or in the house. That was strike one and I should have killed it the first time it growled at me. After that, it went across the road and ran two of my bulls ($5K each) until they gave out and went into a stock tank. The dog was swimming around them biting at them when someone got the dog off. That was strike two and I should have killed him at strike one.

That's why when my sister called me to check out the water well I assumed the dog was restrained.

The other pit I shot over a year ago killed at least one of my calves and SEVEN of my neighbor's. That's easily $4K worth of gross income in one morning.
    I had a Pitt bull charge me on duty once. It was scary and I was getting ready to shoot it but it's chain stopped it. I never saw the chain until the dog got yanked back by it. Talk about tunnel vision by me. This was on a back porch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

Alright, sorry for jumping down your throat.

I probably overreacted due to seeing unnecessary force used against dogs in the past, coupled with having a bad day, not enough coffee, or some other excuse.

Site Supporter
    I had a Pitt bull charge me on duty once. It was scary and I was getting ready to shoot it but it's chain stopped it. I never saw the chain until the dog got yanked back by it. Talk about tunnel vision by me. This was on a back porch as well.
    One of the two dogs I had as a kid was a mixed breed with a significant amount of lab. She was a very friendly dog, but once managed to break a chain choker collar. While I would not shoot a chained dog, I would be prepared for the possibility that the chain does not hold.

Site Supporter
    The sad thing is the spring field marketing works. I'm glad they make money, I just wish people in the gun world could tone down the goof as it relates to guns.
    You think it really works? Or do people just look past the hokey names to see a gun that has what they're looking for?

Different consumers, I guess. But I think these companies underestimate the amount of gun buyers who think things like Grip Zones, Creeds and Legions are silly. Even some that actually buy those models... for other reasons.

I think transparency and authenticity are far better marketing tools than themed names--especially in the gun industry. That cool video that Arex did comes to mind. Seeing the sophistication of their facility immediately gave me a sense of trust. Even in a no-name brand.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    You think it really works? Or do people just look past the hokey names to see a gun that has what they're looking for?

Different consumers, I guess. But I think these companies underestimate the amount of gun buyers who think things like Grip Zones, Creeds and Legions are silly. Even some that actually buy those models... for other reasons.

I think transparency and authenticity are far better marketing tools than themed names--especially in the gun industry. That cool video that Arex did comes to mind. Seeing the sophistication of their facility immediately gave me a sense of trust. Even in a no-name brand.
    Yes I do ,though I think you are right too. I say it because of what I see at the gun range. Not that I am a better/superior person, just that a lot of "goofiness" is observed at the run range and gun stores.

I agree that a better strategy would be a straight forward product.

Site Supporter
    Not that I am a better/superior person, just that a lot of "goofiness" is observed at the run range and gun stores.
    Yeah, good point. We're not the typical gun buyers, I suppose.

RE: whatever it is that Springfield is about to unleash on an unsuspecting world.

Except that there are suspicions. View From The Porch: I can't say much, but...

If Tam says
    I don't think that I'll get in trouble for saying that I legit thought it was cool
    then I probably wont be selling all my pistolas to buy whatever it is, but it's almost certainly pretty cool.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List