Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ

Thanks to posts like these I ordered a PPQ in 9MM this morning from Jetguns. Got it at a good price of $486 and it should be at my dealers next week so I look forward to shooting it and comparing it to my other polymer striker fired 9MMs'.

If this pistol continues to prove reliable with the current testers, it could very easily be replacing my G19. After holding one yesterday, along with the new FNS-9, I came away less than impressed with the FNS and trying to think of every reason not to invest in a PPQ. Used to own a P99 and liked it but did not like the trigger. The PPQ is everything the P99 is but with the best trigger on any handgun outside of the best 1911's. You guys are not making it easy for me.

Are there any pictures going around comparing the PPQ to a G19 or M&P9c/fs for size reference? I have been trying to find a local store that has a PPQ in stock and have failed.

I would also be interested in a picture showing grip/thumb placement, if anyone ever felt so inclined. I keep my thumbs forward and high on my M&P and Kahr. Trying to visualize exactly where my thumbs would go, but as I have never handled an H&K either, I'm kinda at a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by k831 View Post
    Are there any pictures going around comparing the PPQ to a G19 or M&P9c/fs for size reference?
    The PPQ almost exactly splits the difference between a G19 and a G17, both in slide length and grip length.
    Probably very close in size to a M&Pc.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The PPQ almost exactly splits the difference between a G19 and a G17, both in slide length and grip length.
    This. Perfect size for carry, IMO.

Thumb placement is strong hand thumb either over the slide lock or under the slide lock. I use thumb over and have no problems any more.

I'm at 1,369 rounds total in 11 days total. I've had 0 malfunctions with decent ammo. I've only cleaned it once. I set 4 PR's again today, and the short trigger reset continues to lower my splits.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Probably very close in size to a M&Pc.
    Thanks for the info guys...

I don't own a G19 right now, but I'm pretty sure the 9c is a little smaller, at least in the grip. So, the PPQ should be a bit bigger than the 9c. A pistol that is in between the G19 and the G17 is easily concealable though, especially in the winter.

I'm in AZ, and in the summer, I often end up carrying my wife's PM9 because I'm wearing only shorts and T shirt. I was thinking of picking up a PPQ and PPS for winter/summer, because I like the "consolidate platforms and caliber" line of thinking quite a bit. I am assuming that the PPQ and the PPS run similarly enough in terms of manual of arms, and have a similar enough trigger, that it would be an effective "consolidation" yes?

I had high hopes for the M&P as I liked the ergos when I rented one. But the I have the old striker, and the accuracy is just ok... the whole spend 500 on a gun and then switch out half the parts with after market stuff and suffer so-so accuracy is frustrating. Was about to go buy a Glock.. but the new production gen3 and 4's aren't looking so hot right now either. I was beginning to think I had no options in the poly/striker department. Started looking to FN, then learned about this Walther combo.
    Last edited by k831; 02-11-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by k831 View Post
    I don't own a G19 right now, but I'm pretty sure the 9c is a little smaller, at least in the grip. So, the PPQ should be a bit bigger than the 9c.
    You're right.
    For some reason I was thinking the M&Pc was slightly larger than the G19, but it is actually between the G26 and G19 in size.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Not sure if this will help but snapped a quick picture with the different guns lined up but left the M&P FS out as it's to close to the PPQ and Glock 17 to notice. Not exactly scientific but it's something.

Regarding the PPQ's size I was really worried about the grip length being to long for me as I've been carrying the M&P FS for the last year and I felt the M&P grip length was on the edge of my comfort level for concealment. With the PPQ it feels like a Glock 19 to me and I'm constantly thinking about how the gun feels smaller then it actually is. I think it has to do with the shape of the grip and how it fits for me while concealed.

K831 if your close to me in AZ (usually shoot Casa Grande or occasionally Rio Salado) and want to meet up to run some of my Glocks and PPQ so you don't have to rent just PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    Not sure if this will help but snapped a quick picture with the different guns lined up but left the M&P FS out as it's to close to the PPQ and Glock 17 to notice. Not exactly scientific but it's something.

Regarding the PPQ's size I was really worried about the grip length being to long for me as I've been carrying the M&P FS for the last year and I felt the M&P grip length was on the edge of my comfort level for concealment. With the PPQ it feels like a Glock 19 to me and I'm constantly thinking about how the gun feels smaller then it actually is. I think it has to do with the shape of the grip and how it fits for me while concealed.

K831 if your close to me in AZ (usually shoot Casa Grande or occasionally Rio Salado) and want to meet up to run some of my Glocks and PPQ so you don't have to rent just PM me.
    Very cool picture
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

The P99 I had concealed better for me than my current G19. The curve of the Walther grip reduces print. It is kind of like a Bob Tail found on 1911's. The PPQ appears to have that same type of curve as the P99. I don't see any negatives with this pistol except for the length of the slide release. I prefer to manipulate the release with my support thumb. That is how I run my Glock. Has anyone had any issues with slide lock?

User Tag List