Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    That's correct but I also have pistol that is well broken in.
    how long had you been shooting it? for about the first 250 it felt exactly the same as when i did my dryfire practice brand new, then somewhere between 500-750 it noticeably smoothed out at the break and lightened
    "It's about killing people not launching space shuttles, don't over think it."-Trooper224

The Ppq is that good that the Glock guys think the trigger is " to light" the trigger is the way a trigger should feel. Don't get me wrong I was one of those guys. I just order one last night after shooting one . I hope the reliability is there I don't see why it wouldn't be . I liked it.better than both my p30 and my 23 and my 19....

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Are there any springs available to make the pull heavier?
    the pull is already at 5.5 lbs on a new Ppq.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnnut View Post

Read above where one broken-in PPQ measured 4.25 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnnut View Post

Felt lighter to me. Perhaps that was an artifact of a short length of trigger pull.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by digiadaamore View Post
    how long had you been shooting it? for about the first 250 it felt exactly the same as when i did my dryfire practice brand new, then somewhere between 500-750 it noticeably smoothed out at the break and lightened
    The "grit" in the take up is still there, believe it or not so I can't call it smooth at all. My trigger was < 5 lbs out of the box.

If I get time and remember, I'll take my second PPQ out to the range, this one has right at 500 rounds on it and I'll test the trigger pull weight compared against my primary PPQ. I haven't measured the trigger pull on my primary PPQ for several weeks. Kind of curious where it's sitting at, now. I don't think it has lightened up anymore.

I've never perceived the PPQ as having too light of a trigger and perhaps you can get an unbiased opinion from ToddG since he's shot my PPQ that had the 4.25 LB trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Are there any springs available to make the pull heavier?
    There was a member on Waltherforum who received a replacement spring for his "too light trigger." As for anything making the trigger weight heaver, not that I'm aware of.

Anyone else with a PPQ had issues with the rounds binding up in the magazine around the 6 and 7th witness hole? Shooting production class in USPSA and steel matches I started seeing this quite a bit even with clean magazines loaded to 10rds. Here is an example of what I've been seeing.

Yes the magazine is dirty but not bad for desert standards compared to other guns I've run in the past that didn't choke like this. I'm back to shooting my glock now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    Anyone else with a PPQ had issues with the rounds binding up in the magazine around the 6 and 7th witness hole? Shooting production class in USPSA and steel matches I started seeing this quite a bit even with clean magazines loaded to 10rds. Here is an example of what I've been seeing.

Yes the magazine is dirty but not bad for desert standards compared to other guns I've run in the past that didn't choke like this. I'm back to shooting my glock now.
    I haven't seen this before, but I'm curious about what exactly is getting stuck, and where.

Is it the ammo or the follower?

Looking at those pictures, it looks like it is the ammo getting stuck, otherwise the rounds should have fallen out when the mag was turned sideways or upside down.

Did this happen with all mags, and was the same ammo used in all of them? Did you notice anything wrong with the mag body in that area when the mag was taken apart. I notice that you said that this was happening on clean mags as well.

Also, why is your follower black? 9mm PPQ mags come with an orange follower.
    Last edited by balance; 09-26-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by balance View Post
    I haven't seen this before, but I'm curious about what exactly is getting stuck, and where.

Is it the ammo or the follower?

Looking at those pictures, it looks like it is the ammo getting stuck, otherwise the rounds should have fallen out when the mag was turned sideways or upside down.

Did this happen with all mags, and was the same ammo used in all of them? Did you notice anything wrong with the mag body in that area when the mag was taken apart. I notice that you said that this was happening on clean mags as well.

Also, why is your follower black? 9mm PPQ mags come with an orange follower.
    I was thinking some imperfection in a weld or crude build up inside the magazine too. My followers on my 99AS are black and it may be the OP are using these.

User Tag List