Page 81 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    $9.95, here. I assume they're used.
    Stupid Colorado...

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    @LangdonTactical was considering sending in my PX4 in for the upgrades. I noticed a selection for PX4CC upgrades. Are you also upgrading the PX4 Compact into a PX4CC or did I read the webpage wrong?
    Yes, we can do that as well. The process is exactly the same between the full-size and compact.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter

Moving Sights in the Dovetail

I had @LangdonTactical add the Ameriglo sights to my PX4, and while they're dead-nuts-on for elevation, I'm hitting about an inch left at ten yards. Both sights are perfectly centered in the slide. I tried drifting the rear to the right using a 1/4 lb. brass hammer and a brass punch and only ended up with a brass-colored smear on the sight. When this happened with my CZ-75, I reverted to a 1 lb. claw hammer and a steel punch. Any reason to NOT do this with the PX4?

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I had @LangdonTactical add the Ameriglo sights to my PX4, and while they're dead-nuts-on for elevation, I'm hitting about an inch left at ten yards. Both sights are perfectly centered in the slide. I tried drifting the rear to the right using a 1/4 lb. brass hammer and a brass punch and only ended up with a brass-colored smear on the sight. When this happened with my CZ-75, I reverted to a 1 lb. claw hammer and a steel punch. Any reason to NOT do this with the PX4?
    So, there is more to moving the sight than what you use. How are you holding the slide is very important as when the slide is in the vice. The Beretta sight tool is OK for moving sights in this case because the sights have already been replaced and will alow you to make a small adjustment without banging on the sights with a bunch.

Factory sights have been painted in place as they are installed before the slide gets final finishing. They are very difficult to move unless they are factory night sights of some type, like the Compact Carry.

For removing or moving standard factory sights, I suggest using a large vice, with smooth sided jaws, and a leather cowhide padding to protect the slide (Brownell's), and a stout brass bunch with a BFH. Rubber jaws are going to allow the slide to move too much and you will likely never move the sights. This method could also be used for small adjustments with other sights, but it is not a very precise technique.
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 05-14-2018 at 01:36 PM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Additionally, I have found that heating the Bruniton with a blow drier a little first loosens it slightly. A trick I learned from Beretta years ago.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 05-14-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Anyone here own or shot a PX4 "C" Constant action? Anyone here that can give a firsthand description?

All the google in the world has just shown me most folks on the internet dont know a thing about pistols... Some are describing it as LEM like, others as DAK like, others as S&W gen 3 DAO pre cocked, and still others like an actual DAO. But when you ask them if THEY have shot it, they say "no, but that's what I heard". Ugh.

So if you can actually give me a comparison/description from experience, I would appreciate it.

(to note, I am not a fan of the LEM, but I can make a DAK work, and the S&W gen 3 DAO was quite sweet as I recall.)
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Anyone here own or shot a PX4 "C" Constant action? Anyone here that can give a firsthand description?

All the google in the world has just shown me most folks on the internet dont know a thing about pistols... Some are describing it as LEM like, others as DAK like, others as S&W gen 3 DAO pre cocked, and still others like an actual DAO. But when you ask them if THEY have shot it, they say "no, but that's what I heard". Ugh.

So if you can actually give me a comparison/description from experience, I would appreciate it.

(to note, I am not a fan of the LEM, but I can make a DAK work, and the S&W gen 3 DAO was quite sweet as I recall.)
    These have: @beenalongtime @AdioSS

So it looks like I'll be the owner of a PX4 Subcompact here in a few days. If I understand correctly, safety/decocker levers and hammers are interchangeable with the other two models but the chassis or whatever it's called that houses the trigger group is different so competition trigger groups or Langdon TJIBs won't work. I'm guessing the hammer springs are different lengths too. But I'm having trouble wading through all the pages of all the threads to find out what parts are interchangeable between the subcompact and the fullsize/compact. The plan is stealth slide release and decocker levers and a spurless hammer to reduce the external dimensions as much as possible and whatever I can do to improve the trigger. The gun I'm getting is pretty well used so it's just going to be a test bed to see if I like the subcompact and if I can make it work for me along side it's larger brethren.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    So it looks like I'll be the owner of a PX4 Subcompact here in a few days. If I understand correctly, safety/decocker levers and hammers are interchangeable with the other two models but the chassis or whatever it's called that houses the trigger group is different so competition trigger groups or Langdon TJIBs won't work. I'm guessing the hammer springs are different lengths too. But I'm having trouble wading through all the pages of all the threads to find out what parts are interchangeable between the subcompact and the fullsize/compact. The plan is stealth slide release and decocker levers and a spurless hammer to reduce the external dimensions as much as possible and whatever I can do to improve the trigger. The gun I'm getting is pretty well used so it's just going to be a test bed to see if I like the subcompact and if I can make it work for me along side it's larger brethren.
    A lot of your observations are correct. The SubCompact will use the same decocker levers and slide catch, though it normally comes stock with a low profile slide catch, anyway. The hammers are the same in the different Storms, but the struts are different in a SubCompact. It will take the same hammer spring, though.

You are correct that the hammer assembly unit is different in a Sub. It seems to go by different names... confusing. It is a hammer assembly unit in Beretta speak. Some call the competition version a competition trigger group because it will help single action trigger pull. But, it does not contain a trigger or trigger bar. In Gunsmith terms it is a fire control group. A rose by any other name...

You could find a part of interest here: https://www.brownells.com/schematics...sc-sid878.aspx And see if it is the same part number as here: https://www.brownells.com/schematics...ct-sid928.aspx Or here: https://www.brownells.com/schematics...x4-sid879.aspx to see about any other parts that come to mind. Brownells is Beretta’s official distributor of OEM parts.
    On the schematic a little number will be next to a part, click on it and it will show up below the schematic. Remember that parts found on the PX4 full size page might be for Type C or D and not compatible with Type F or G.

The spurless hammer can be found at http://shop.langdontactical.com/products/
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 05-15-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post

I have a PX4 Type C Constant Action as well as both flavors of S&W 3rd Generation DAO and HK LEM. To me, the trigger is very much like the original S&W 3rd Generation DAO or a well-tuned S&W DA revolver. The trigger pull has about 8# of weight but does not stack. There is no stacking to the break, and the break itself is not telegraphed. The trigger resets a bit before full return travel with very little tactile feel other than there is no weight pushing the trigger back.

User Tag List