Page 79 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Site Supporter
    I've got a class next Saturday that I'd like to use for final vetting to make this my new carry gun.
    Done. I went through Karl Rehn's Defensive Pistol Skills 3 course. The gun ran flawlessly using my 124-grain FMJ handloads. The DA trigger has smoothed up to the point where it's almost revolver-like and my only mod has been to install a 12 lb. hammer spring. The only issues I had were due to excessive operator headspace. I used a JMCK OWB2 and it also performed excellently. I have a new carry gun. Now I just need to sell some stuff to finance a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Done. I went through Karl Rehn's Defensive Pistol Skills 3 course. The gun ran flawlessly using my 124-grain FMJ handloads. The DA trigger has smoothed up to the point where it's almost revolver-like and my only mod has been to install a 12 lb. hammer spring. The only issues I had were due to excessive operator headspace. I used a JMCK OWB2 and it also performed excellently. I have a new carry gun. Now I just need to sell some stuff to finance a backup.
    Great report. I am only running a 12lb Hammer Spring as well, plenty happy with the trigger pull.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yeah, I really want to try the dot on a PX4. I just got to shoot one of these yesterday http://www.shieldpsd.com/portfolio-p...lex-mini-sight

Pretty impressed with how low profile it was. You would not need suppressor sights with this setup, very low profile.
    Is the PX4 designed in such a way that one could mill the slide for an RDS? All the pics I’m seeing have the RDS mounted really high on an adapter, which seems less than ideal.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Is the PX4 designed in such a way that one could mill the slide for an RDS? All the pics I’m seeing have the RDS mounted really high on an adapter, which seems less than ideal.
    I am not sure as the PX4 uses the same firing pin safety design concept as the 92-series. At the very least, the sight and/or base would have to be able to accommodate the firing pin safety's vertical movement. My concern with such an arrangement is that dirt/debris could be trapped with such a setup, leading to no firing pin safety function or no ability to fire the pistol (depending on which position the safety gets "trapped").

This is the only thing holding me back from getting a px4 to be honest. Currently, I still shoot more accurately and faster with irons, but I am confident that I will be able to overcome that soon and open up some new possibilities. Check out the fate of the shield here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hGk4EUs4_c

Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    This is the only thing holding me back from getting a px4 to be honest.
    Agreed. After fondling the 92 and PX4 at the LGS, I’d be very tempted to join the Beretta cult if there was a way to mill for a RDS.

A LTT 92/PX4 “MOS” would be too much to resist.
    Last edited by David S.; 04-25-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    David S.

Agreed. After fondling the 92 and PX4 at the LGS, I’d be very tempted to join the Beretta cult if there was a way to mill for a RDS.

A LTT 92/PX4 “MOS” would be too much to resist.
    @e_stern mentioned that Beretta was working on that for the PX4.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 04-25-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    I wonder if there would be a way to have a sight base that allowed the vertical movement of the firing pin safety but also kept it housed/shrouded, like the hammer on a Smith 642, to avoid debris issues.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I wonder if there would be a way to have a sight base that allowed the vertical movement of the firing pin safety but also kept it housed/shrouded, like the hammer on a Smith 642, to avoid debris issues.
    Yes. That's the ticket!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    @e_stern mentioned that Beretta was working on that for the PX4.
    It's a fuzzy development goal, yes.

It could be done fairly simply in the same manner we did it on the APX actually, but it's a matter of finding time/resources to do it.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

User Tag List