Page 73 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    We can do that. If you send me a PX4 Full Size, I can turn it into a Carry for $445 including the slide finish and all the parts. That would be everything except the magazines and the gun.
    Now I've got some thinking to do.....

I would be very interested in a PX4 Carry Mod 5.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    We can do that. If you send me a PX4 Full Size, I can turn it into a Carry for $445 including the slide finish and all the parts. That would be everything except the magazines and the gun.
    Can I send you a Nano and have it converted into a Carry model? 🙃🤔

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    What does it cost without refinishing the slide?

It would be $365 with out the slide finish. Not including shipping.
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 01-28-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

We are also going to do a PX4 Carry Black edition. Everything except the Cerakote slide and comp trigger pack for $695.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Damn tempting.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta Dawg View Post
    Can I send you a Nano and have it converted into a Carry model? ����
    That would be some Magic right there! If I could do that kind of work, I would be retired by now
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post

Given that a Cent Tac is $1360 with the Action Tune and LTT has a preorder for the PX4 Carry with LTT trigger job at $875, you can almost buy 2 tuned PX4 Carry for one tuned Cen Tact. Comparing the 2 at this point I think the upside of the PX4 is clearly is a very cost effective package, that is easy to maintain with its 20K maintenance cycle, and easier to work on without needing a zip lock bag (took the G lever of CenTact to install the WC CS spring, that was fun, not). The 2 downsides I see are also the 92 series strengths: magwell frame, with mag guide, and wonderful MecGar mags and every type of grip panel you could want of different textures and thickness. Some may argue the 92 series has more aftermarket options beyond that, but for me, the PX4 CC and Carry have what I need. For me, the Talon rough grip on my PX4 works very well, if I go the FS PX4 longterm they will be stippled. I have no experience with the Robar/LTT modified lip PX4 mags and don't know how far they go to help, but I doubt it will ever be as good as the magwell framed 92s.

A couple of questions/thoughts for EL:
    1) Any chance of getting the Carry made up with the slightly less Stealth levers when they are available?
    2) Believe there will be interest in a Robar/LTT Mod 4 and Mod 4.66 (do not think the bobbed hammer would be as applicable to the FS). If i go the FS PX4 route instead of Cen Tact thats what I would be looking for. Even the Mod 5s price wise undercut the Cent Tac tuned.
    3) Any chance we will ever see a MecGar PX4 magazine? Or can you comment on how much the modified PX4 mags help bridge the gap compared to magwell 92 frames?

Again, congrats on making this happen Ernest!
    Bumpage for questions at bottom, feel free to ignore the truncated soliloquy above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bumpage for questions at bottom, feel free to ignore the truncated soliloquy above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Sorry, did not see all those questions. Keeping up with all the places I am supposed to answer questions gets away from me sometimes.

1) I know the new levers are in the works, not sure how long that will be. But yes, I am sure we can make that happen when they hit the streets.
    2) I have not sat down with ROBAR yet, but I am sure we can work that out.
    3) I really wish they would. Making the magazine modifications is not really worth the time on the resale market. But yes, they help a ton, just like the MecGar mags do on a 92.

By the way, there is some mag well beveling that can be done on the PX4 as well and it is very helpful. I have posted pictures here before. I turn the grip capture spring around and put it in backwards, then bevel the back in quite a bit. It helps a ton and basically acts like the Wilson Mag guide. I think it reloads just as fast as a 92 with a beveled mag well now.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Looks like another great package for those interested in the a Full Size PX4 that is truly ready to roll right out of the box!

At this point, I have 3 PX4 CC. 2 are Mod 4's, my primary carry and trainer, the 3rd is "just" a CC. That one is rapidly becoming my wife's, hopefully, will become her house gun. My other Beretta is a WC Brig Tact which is serving house duties for my with X300 attached.

When Beretta did the PX4 rebate, I couldn't help but pick up a FS PX4 to try. The CC is such a fast and flat cycling gun, it really made the Brig Tact feel sluggish and slow in comparison. Especially as my carry ammo is standard pressure 147 HST, and all practice ammo is also standard pressure, brigadier profile slide really is overkill for standard pressure 9mm. I was really curious if the FS PX4 would bridge the gap between the big and small Berettas. I added the full stealth kit and WC 12 HS to the FS, and just this week a LTT trigger in a bag. So at this point I have decent idea how the new Carry model should act. I also recently picked up a WC Cent Tac that also received a LTT trigger in a bag and full WC CS spring set. Again, thinking the shorter and thinner slide on the Cent Tac might do a better job of keeping up with the speed of the PX4 CC.

I had a chance to run the FS PX4 and Cent Tact at the range today, and both felt like the comprise I was looking for between the Brig Tact and the PX4 CC. When shorting drills at speed like the Gabe standards, follow up shots are just quicker for me with the medium sized guns compared to the Brig Tact. And truthfully I do not have the skill set to really take advantage of the longer sight radius at distance the Brig Tact provides. I suspect it will be looking for a new home soon to make space for another Cent Tac or a pair of PX4 Carrys.

I plan to really push the the FA PX4/Cen Tac duel this month and commit one way or the other. I can tell you with the LTT trigger in a bag, the PX4 gave the Cent Tac a run for the money in my hands. There is something about the PX4 frame that just feels better in the hands, points more naturally than the 92 based frames. Also the slide release stays out of the way on the PX4 compared to the 92s, I have to make a very conscious shift of my grip to avoid pressure and failure to lock back on empty on the 92s. Was looking at the 2 frames after the range session and despite them being almost identical in length, width, height it has always felt like I get more of my support hand on the PX4. Side by side, the trigger guard on the PX4 seems to be shorter than the 92, which I believe is allowing me to get my support hand higher on the frame also.

Given that a Cent Tac is $1360 with the Action Tune and LTT has a preorder for the PX4 Carry with LTT trigger job at $875, you can almost buy 2 tuned PX4 Carry for one tuned Cen Tact. Comparing the 2 at this point I think the upside of the PX4 is clearly is a very cost effective package, that is easy to maintain with its 20K maintenance cycle, and easier to work on without needing a zip lock bag (took the G lever of CenTact to install the WC CS spring, that was fun, not). The 2 downsides I see are also the 92 series strengths: magwell frame, with mag guide, and wonderful MecGar mags and every type of grip panel you could want of different textures and thickness. Some may argue the 92 series has more aftermarket options beyond that, but for me, the PX4 CC and Carry have what I need. For me, the Talon rough grip on my PX4 works very well, if I go the FS PX4 longterm they will be stippled. I have no experience with the Robar/LTT modified lip PX4 mags and don't know how far they go to help, but I doubt it will ever be as good as the magwell framed 92s.

A couple of questions/thoughts for EL:
    1) Any chance of getting the Carry made up with the slightly less Stealth levers when they are available?
    2) Believe there will be interest in a Robar/LTT Mod 4 and Mod 4.66 (do not think the bobbed hammer would be as applicable to the FS). If i go the FS PX4 route instead of Cen Tact thats what I would be looking for. Even the Mod 5s price wise undercut the Cent Tac tuned.
    3) Any chance we will ever see a MecGar PX4 magazine? Or can you comment on how much the modified PX4 mags help bridge the gap compared to magwell 92 frames?

Again, congrats on making this happen Ernest!
    Thanks for all the kind words and support. I answered the questions above, but did not say thanks for the support.

I love the 92, but you bring up some very solid points. I will always want 92s to shoot, but this PX4 is a workhorse like no other.

I agree with you on this PX4 Carry, it is really a great deal. If you add up all the extra parts you get, even if you take out the slide finish, it's still $365 worth of parts. You would have to get the base gun for $430, get all the parts shipped to you, and then have them installed.

I am pretty proud of the pricing on this project and really glad that Beretta is stepping up and helping this happen. Truly shows that Beretta is trying to listen to its customers and to me.

Hopefully, it will be really successful so that they keep listening.

One last thing. This is an LTT exclusive, so there will be no BS pricing scams out there that kill it for dealers. The gun is well worth what the customers are paying.
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 01-30-2018 at 01:15 AM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List