Page 4 of 129 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by rodralig View Post
    Oh! Now you guys are giving me second thoughts about selling my full-size PX4 (9mm), with Trijicon sights...

The PX4 was my second one after the G22. And with campaigns from Beretta, got an additional 4 magazines for FREE! Was actually glad, too, when it got taken off the Roster (though it came back a couple of months later).

It’s a pretty gun. Nice form factor. Soft shooting. But then, I mostly practice with my Glock and 1911... Which, unfortunately, impacted my capability with the pistol when I doing some ‘on-demand’ movement drills, ie., forgetting to set the safety lever upon draw, the trigger pulls between DA and SA (was accurate with DA, but LOW with the SA).

My G19 is my current nightstand gun, G22 is competition gun; while my 1911 is just in the safe (I only shoot it when I want some fun). The PX4 is loaded and chambered in a safe in another room (the study).

During a stressful situation/encounter - having mostly getting used to a Glock weapon system, I am NOT confident with the PX4. Paper in an indoor range is fine, but maybe not for anything else.

Should I sell? Or should I not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Message sent.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by LearnedHat View Post
    I am pretty new to the pistol shooting hobby and have a lot to learn. My question is what are you looking to accomplish with this modification?
    Better concealability with a full size slide. Chopping a G17 to take G19 mags is not unheard of in the Glock world.

Just throwing it out there as an idea to accomplish the same thing as the full size slide on the compact frame if that isn't doable. Personally I think I'd just be better of with the compact.

Quote Originally Posted by Soggy View Post
    Better concealability with a full size slide. Chopping a G17 to take G19 mags is not unheard of in the Glock world.

Just throwing it out there as an idea to accomplish the same thing as the full size slide on the compact frame if that isn't doable. Personally I think I'd just be better of with the compact.
    So the longer slide would get you a more forgiving sight radius and possibly better recoil control? (although I think EL said the compact is the more flat shooting of the two)

Had been sticking with the 92 platform for awhile now but after shooting (and subsequently buying) a friend's PX4 CC, I'm strongly considering switching. We'll see what the next couple thousand rounds will tell me, but I'm wondering if there's any update on whether Mec Gar will start making PX4 mags?
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    Timely post.

After doing some PX4 CC / 92 Compact comparisons over the past few months, I've arrived at a similar conclusion about the PX4 line: it's truly something special.

The subjective shooting dynamics are superlative. Recoil management. Intuitive accuracy/shootabiliy. Ergonomics. I can't think of a gun (that I've had) that hits out of the park in each of those areas. To me, shooting the PX4 compact just feels different than most other guns; and by "different" (in this case) I mostly mean "better."

I'm also baffled by why this gun isn't a staple in the holsters of serious shooters and concealed carriers. Even military and police. Honestly, Ernest's project is what really attracted my interest. And when I demoed a stock compact at a local range, I was sold.

Given that, I guess you could say... most people don't know they should take this gun seriously. Not that they wouldn't. But that's what needs to change. And you see someone like Ernest getting behind it... that's what it takes.

As far as DA/SA...

I'm not sure new gun buyers know enough to know whether or not they should like DA/SA, or striker, or anything else. When you really think about it... DA/SA makes a lot of practical sense. It really is the best of both worlds when it comes to safety and accuracy/shootability. I think Beretta needs to run a campaign on the inherent merits of DA/SA so people understand why it makes sense; especially new gun buyers. Use the PX4s and 92s as kind of the model for that campaign... get Ernest and others as "the voice"... Beretta would basically own that market.

Case and point: Look what Apple did in the early 2000s. Everybody thought the Mac was dead. Now it's what all other computer makers emulate.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box. But I also wanted to give big thanks to Ernest for starting this.... movement? And for always being responsive, involved and engaged with us customers. Looking forward to the full size and whatever else is on the horizon.

DA/SA fo' life...
    Last edited by MattyD380; 04-20-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LearnedHat View Post
    I am pretty new to the pistol shooting hobby and have a lot to learn. My question is what are you looking to accomplish with this modification?
    Grip is the hardest part to conceal on any handgun. This mod would improve concealment while retaining the advantage of longer sight radius and the ability to use full sized weapons mounted lights. One drawback of the PX4 Compact is the dust over is too short for all but the smallest WML.

Site Supporter
    https://medium.com/war-is-boring/arg...s-3a7d560bdcb0

Looks like the Argentine military will be replacing their Browning High Powers with the PX4 storm, also a duty gun for the Buenas Aires police.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-20-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://medium.com/war-is-boring/arg...s-3a7d560bdcb0

Looks like the Argentine military will be replacing their Browning High Powers with the PX4 storm, also a duty gun for the Buenas Aires police.
    That is really interesting. I have heard that the PX4 has done really well for Beretta on the international market with both police and military buyers. Maybe the rest of the world can see that a striker fired no safety handgun is not a good idea for everyone they let carry a handgun?
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are only two national level trainers that I'm aware of that advocate, prefer and use a TDA gun in their training classes. Mr. Langdon and Mike Pannone (CZ). Virtually every other well-known firearms trainer uses some type of striker fired gun, the overwhelming majority being Glock. When I took my first DeFoor pistol class two years ago, I was the *only* shooter in the entire class not running a Glock.
    Do trainers use SF guns because they like them, or because almost everybody uses them? IMO instructors should be able to teach SF, SA, TDA, but the last class I took it didn't seem like that was the case. It was the Glock way or no way.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    That is really interesting. I have heard that the PX4 has done really well for Beretta on the international market with both police and military buyers. Maybe the rest of the world can see that a striker fired no safety handgun is not a good idea for everyone they let carry a handgun?
    I don't know. Which pistol a South American country purchases for law enforcement probably has even less to do with technical features and performance than it does in the U.S.

User Tag List