Page 21 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

From the PX4 Compact thread, but posted here because it pertains to the full size...
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    This is correct, the issue is the breach face and the .40 caliber case.

Now if someone would (maybe Beretta) would make a 9mm conversion barrel for the full-size .40? That would give you a .40 caliber OD barrel with a 9mm hole, basically giving you a heavier barrael and a little more weight on the nose of the gun. Lots of used .40s out there to try this on, just need someone to make a barrel.
    I picked up one of the $60 full size 9mm barrels from eBay & a 20rd 9mm magazine to try in my Type
    C .40. It feeds & functions fine. The barrel is tight when in battery, but does not line up centered in the slide vertically. I was only testing to see if it worked without shooting at a target to see how far off it is.

I'm guessing that WAL machines a spacer to go over the 9mm barrel when used in a .40 slide. Freeze the barrel, heat the spacer, and quickly pressing them together should be more than sufficient to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    From the PX4 Compact thread, but posted here because it pertains to the full size...

I picked up one of the $60 full size 9mm barrels from eBay & a 20rd 9mm magazine to try in my Type
    C .40. It feeds & functions fine. The barrel is tight when in battery, but does not line up centered in the slide vertically. I was only testing to see if it worked without shooting at a target to see how far off it is.

I'm guessing that WAL machines a spacer to go over the 9mm barrel when used in a .40 slide. Freeze the barrel, heat the spacer, and quickly pressing them together should be more than sufficient to hold.
    http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthrea...t=99349&page=2

http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=98915

A whole different barrel. (no change in the extractor needed, via those threads)

I bought the last barrel that he had and I can tell you that is not what he is doing. Kind of mad that I did not figure this out before

He is a smart guy!
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Since you got the last of them, can you share what he did?

Since you got the last of them, can you share what he did?
    I will ask him if he plans to give that up first. He figured it out, he deserves the right to give away his knowledge if he wants to do so.

It is really not hard to figure out, I had just not tried it yet. I had my suspicions for about a year and never did anything with them.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Hit 20K with the full-size yet?
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Hit 20K with the full-size yet?
    I would have by now, but had a little accident and ended up getting 9 stitches in the bottom of my foot. I will hit 20K by the end of the weekend though. I am at 19,332 as of my last range trip.

I also took delivery of another 19,000 rounds of ammo with another 8,000 on the way. That will give me all I need on hand to finish the test.

Of interest is that I have several thousand rounds of various duty hollow points that will be part of this test. This includes 2,000 rounds of Federal HST and 1,000 rounds of Gold Dot.

I also pick up 1,000 rounds of Fiocchi 158 grain ammo just because I have never shot it before and wondered how it would run and shoot.

I will be hitting the range hard on Friday. Tomorrow I will be at ROBAR all day finishing up a bunch of MOD 4s and MOD 5s.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Vending Machine Operator
    Get well soon, EL, and do what the docs say, foot and leg crap sucks when it heals wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I would have by now, but had a little accident and ended up getting 9 stitches in the bottom of my foot.
    Hope the accident wasn't something that would cause you to pick up the name Barney Fife!

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Hope the accident wasn't something that would cause you to pick up the name Barney Fife!
    No, stepped on a piece of exposed PVC pipe at a night time pool party. Long set up for the story, but that is what happened.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List