Page 20 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

I wish I did not have three P2000's then moving to the PX4 compact would be easier but P2000 can take my P30/VP9 mags no problem.

I wonder if I should trade my Beretta Vertec Inox for something because it just sits. I really want to get rid of my Sig P320c because it is not what I like but my Mom is trying that out while I am deployed.

ffh

FWIW I had 2 VP9s, 2 P2000 V3s and a P30 V3 about a year ago...only thing I have left is the P30 V3 (and I still debate on a near daily basis whether or not to let it go too). The P2000 is a good gun...but it doesn't hold a candle to the overall shootability (trigger feel, sight tracking and felt recoil) of the PX4 CC. It took me about a year of platform jumping to find my ideal TDA carry gun.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Thanks for the pictures and feedback. I truly understand how hard it can be to admit how much you like that little gun.

It really is beyond reason how well it shoots.
    Just because I am curious, I know you have shot the full and compact models, have you come up with a preference? Have you fired the subcompact and thoughts on it?
    Thanks

i'm far from a 1000 round a week expert, but i do have both a full size and a compact. i prefer the full size for daily carry: longer barrel, longer sight radius, larger capacity magazine. they are both sweet shooting pistols, i've installed large mag release buttons on both, stealth slide release levers on both, and G lever decockers on both. personal preference. if my full size wasn't available, i would not hesitate to carry the compact.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Just because I am curious, I know you have shot the full and compact models, have you come up with a preference? Have you fired the subcompact and thoughts on it?
    Thanks
    While I shoot the full-size gun just a little more accurately at speed, because of the sight radius, I still like shooting the compact more. I really think it is flatter shooting and for most things, I would bet I shoot it just as good if not better. It is just an easy gun to shoot well, I don't know how else to describe it really.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    While I shoot the full-size gun just a little more accurately at speed, because of the sight radius, I still like shooting the compact more. I really think it is flatter shooting and for most things, I would bet I shoot it just as good if not better. It is just an easy gun to shoot well, I don't know how else to describe it really.
    There is a cheap full size sitting at my local shop. I have zero interest because of how easy the compact is to shoot. The compact is downright pleasant to shoot and I am shooting scores on drills that are normal with a full size pistol. Only reason I could see getting a full size is to run a dedicated light on it.......at that point, I like the Beretta 92 or another bigger pistol in that role.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Vending Machine Operator

Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    There is a cheap full size sitting at my local shop. I have zero interest because of how easy the compact is to shoot. The compact is downright pleasant to shoot and I am shooting scores on drills that are normal with a full size pistol. Only reason I could see getting a full size is to run a dedicated light on it.......at that point, I like the Beretta 92 or another bigger pistol in that role.
    I know nobody shoots .40 anymore, but the PX4 full size is an exceptional gun in .40. It was my first handgun ever and has such a pleasant recoil impulse I used to be genuinely confused as to why people don't like .40.

Even now, having owned several dozen handguns, I'm still fond enough of it to be considering an inox 9mm variant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 06-27-2017 at 09:54 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

With its soft recoil impulse, I could see the full size PX4 being a good .40. I have never liked the .40, but it seems like it would be viable.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I know nobody shoots .40 anymore, but the PX4 full size is an exceptional gun in .40. It was my first handgun ever and has such a pleasant recoil impulse I used to be genuinely confused as to why people don't like .40.

Even now, having owned several dozen handguns, I'm still fond enough of it to be considering an inox 9mm variant.

Who is this nobody person? I know my first PX4, was the subcompact .40, because I couldn't find one locally, ordered used from a site a LEO friend recommended. My reasoning was due to a LEO relative, who once had threats against him (more common I am sure then we would like), that I wanted something small, and in the caliber of what his department shoots, as they have spare ammo around and I wanted to make sure the spouse and kids would have a worst case scenario weapon. (besides all the extra LEO presence that would happen, and since most of the spare weapons are full size, so the kids don't panic)
    My second was the compact in .40, because I got a deal and liked the way it shoots. My third is a 9mm, in part due belief in having multiple calibers and another 9mm pistol in my collection.
    Training, I think, makes the bigger difference then caliber. Having extra ammo, if your in a protect the family situation, isn't a bad thing either, so it makes sense to me.
    I have been tempted with some of the deals, to try to get a full size 9mm in either a D or C configuration. I may or may not keep it, but would love to shoot one.

Vending Machine Operator

Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Who is this nobody person? I know my first PX4, was the subcompact .40, because I couldn't find one locally, ordered used from a site a LEO friend recommended. My reasoning was due to a LEO relative, who once had threats against him (more common I am sure then we would like), that I wanted something small, and in the caliber of what his department shoots, as they have spare ammo around and I wanted to make sure the spouse and kids would have a worst case scenario weapon. (besides all the extra LEO presence that would happen, and since most of the spare weapons are full size, so the kids don't panic)
    My second was the compact in .40, because I got a deal and liked the way it shoots. My third is a 9mm, in part due belief in having multiple calibers and another 9mm pistol in my collection.
    Training, I think, makes the bigger difference then caliber. Having extra ammo, if your in a protect the family situation, isn't a bad thing either, so it makes sense to me.
    I have been tempted with some of the deals, to try to get a full size 9mm in either a D or C configuration. I may or may not keep it, but would love to shoot one.
    To clarify, I shoot a 9mm Speer 124-grain +P Gold Dot exclusively in all defense roles across platforms now.

Just saying if someone favors .40 or has to carry .40 for work, I think it's a superb platform for it, better even than the P229 or M&P 40 in my opinion, and I own and like all three.

Last edited by LockedBreech; 06-27-2017 at 11:50 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List