Page 19 of 129 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderCrusty View Post
    Attachment 17575I recently had an enlightening conversation with a Glock-toting pistol instructor at my LGS. He assured me that I was making a huge mistake to use the slide release on my Beretta 92FS because that was an unsafe "competition only technique, and we don't teach that here." He allowed as it would work, you know, "for older competition shooters such as yourself." Then he assured me that his Glock was safer than my Beretta because it wouldn't "accidentaly go on-safe when using the proper overhand slide racking technique." So, is it any wonder that this wizard would not be prepared to teach anyone how to use a TDA pistol? Apparently, many gun-jocks raised on striker fired pistols do not have the depth of experience to train folks to use the PX4, or to recommend them. Many have literally NEVER fired a DA revolver. Unless and until a major forearms maker comes out with an advertising campaign touting the benefits of their new Dual Mode OffDef (Offensive Defensive) pistol with FPSH (Firing Pin Striking Hammer) and DMRA (Digital Mode Readiness Assessment), well, folks just won't try a fine pistol like the PX4. They don't want to be called "an older competition shooter." Gotta make everything Tacticool, don't ya know?
    It's derp like that which makes me wanna carry my SP2022 because there are 0 things wrong with a really good TDA pistol. That instructor needs a reality check and I'd be ALMOST tempted to take a class with him to prove him how so so wrong he is.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    And somehow the functionally similar Sig P-series tends to avoid the criticism 'cause Navy SEALs.
    That made me actually laugh out loud
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    That made me actually laugh out loud
    The extra funny bonus is that thanks to how my thumbs-high grip sits, 226 magazines don't lock back on empty for me, meaning I run it significantly worse at speed than the 92, thereby being much less "Operator" despite the SEAL pedigree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    I quite like both the 92 series and the P226 but the decockers on both guns are positioned such that I have to adjust my grip in order to reach them. So I end up decocking with my support hand -- not optimal for one-handed shooting. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    The extra funny bonus is that thanks to how my thumbs-high grip sits, 226 magazines don't lock back on empty for me, meaning I run it significantly worse at speed than the 92, thereby being much less "Operator" despite the SEAL pedigree.

I switched my slide lock/release lever to a P224 lever (also used on the Legion series). It is smaller and I don't actuate it accidentally but it is still very easy to use when wanted. It is a factory available part, and works on 226 series pistol as a drop in part. I think I found mine at Osage County Guns. It fixed a long time problem I had with Sigs, and made them much more enjoyable for me to shoot as it was almost the only complaint I had with them.
    Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 06-26-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
    I switched my slide lock/release lever to a P224 lever (also used on the Legion series). It is smaller and I don't actuate it accidentally but it is still very easy to use when wanted. It is a factory available part, and works on 226 series pistol as a drop in part. I think I found mine at Osage County Guns. It fixed a long time problem I had with Sigs, and made them much more enjoyable for me to shoot as it was almost the only complaint I had with them.
    Thanks! I'll look into that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Shot another 150 through gun #2 today, bringing its total to 3,500. Gun #2 is the main trainer gun so it hasn't seen much TLC. It was cleaned once at 2,200 rounds following the completion of the 2,000 round challenge. Added a couple drops of oil before today's session. Don't plan to clean/oil or do anything else until it hits 5,000 rounds fired. It might get a nice brake cleaner bath then...or maybe just more oil. I *hope* to hit 5,000 fired by the end of July. I've slacked off anything gun related for the past ~3 weeks. Gonna get back on track.

This thing has dethroned my Wilson Brig Tac from my "favorite Beretta" status. It's that good.

Name:  IMG_0104.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  60.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0108.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0109.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  45.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0110.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  31.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Shoot more, post less...

[QUOTE=MSparks909;619133]Shot another 150 through gun #2 today, bringing its total to 3,500. Gun #2 is the main trainer gun so it hasn't seen much TLC. It was cleaned once at 2,200 rounds following the completion of the 2,000 round challenge. Added a couple drops of oil before today's session. Don't plan to clean/oil or do anything else until it hits 5,000 rounds fired. It might get a nice brake cleaner bath then...or maybe just more oil. I *hope* to hit 5,000 fired by the end of July. I've slacked off anything gun related for the past ~3 weeks. Gonna get back on track.

This thing has dethroned my Wilson Brig Tac from my "favorite Beretta" status. It's that good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]

Thanks for the pictures and feedback. I truly understand how hard it can be to admit how much you like that little gun.

It really is beyond reason how well it shoots.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

So I have been dry firing the new Beretta and I have found it to be one of the smoothest DA/SA triggers with one complaint. As the trigger moves the trigger bar up on initial 1/8 in. pull from slide lock in SA mode it is the absolute grittiest trigger I have used. It is also present if I rack the slide to rest the hammer and let go of the trigger before the slide is fully forward. I have isolated this grittiness to the upward movement of the trigger bar and it goes away once the trigger starts moving the trigger bar forward. It is still present when the slide is off the frame.

Is this typical? If not how do I correct this? I don't want to take the time to detail strip the frame if this is something that exists until the gun is broken in.

Here is a video of the portion of the pull that is gritty. You can hear the gravel in the video.

I don't have another Beretta in hand but I believe that the trigger bar may be being pinched somewhere keeping it from resetting to the up position automatically. I just pulled the trigger pack out of the frame and could not figure it out. If I manually move the trigger bar against the side of the frame without the trigger pack in there it is as smooth as can be. When I put everything back together the problem persisted.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 06-26-2017 at 11:33 PM.

User Tag List