Page 18 of 129 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by LTC77406 View Post
    That's a nice article but it really doesn't answer my question or maybe I should re-phrase. How is fiber optic more advantageous than the large orange ameriglo front and black rears that are on my compact carry(s) and full sized PX4? Is it durability, because I'll never be shooting that many rounds in that amount of time - I go through approximately 1000 per month, more if I attend a class. Is it visibility? That might make a difference.
    From the article...
    I have found this combination to be extremely easy to use, consequently allowing you to see what you need to see more quickly and enabling you to shoot faster and more accurately

I personally prefer fiber optic sights over all else...with that said the factory Ameriglo's on the PX4 CC are quite good. I may swap to a fiber front when available but the stock sights certainly don't hold me back at all.
    Shoot more, post less...

Aside from the VP9, the PX4 CC has been the only firearm model I've purchased on which I haven't switched out a component (due to Ernest making it A+ to begin with). The sights are excellent as is and I preferred yellow rear trits until now.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Nothing is more visible with sufficient ambient light than a FO front sight. You can get FO fronts thinner than their tritium counterparts. Paired with white light, I find a FO front superior than a tritium front or other non-serrated front sight.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    This ^^^^

Also, night sights are great, but once it is really dark, you need a flashlight anyway. I still use night sights on my carry guns, but I have carried with FO sights and did not feel under equipped.

Also, if the gun is just a shooter, then why spend the extra money on night sights.

It's an option that helps see the sights faster, the very best for iron sighted competition guns for sure.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Yesterday's practice session brings the round count to 18,773. Gun still running like a top with no issues at all.

I did have to break down and replace the front sight. A chunk of the paint in the front sight fell off and made me finally make the swap. The night sight was still glowing and I have had those go out much sooner that. It happened at the very end of the range session, so getting over 18,750 cycles is not bad at all for a sight and I am happy with how well it held up.

The bad news is I had to dig up an old used sight from my carry gun to replace it with. The CAPs for the Full Size are not out yet. That means I will be replacing it again when I get my hands on the correct ones. I will likely replace the whole set as the rear sight is getting shiny as well.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Ordered the 92-style PX4 levers to replace the factory batwing decock lever for my full size PX4s. Holding off for the Ameriglo fiber optic version sights.

Are the fiber optic fronts going to be .125W? Really hoping so...
    What's the rear notch width again on the Ameriglos?
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Ordered the 92-style PX4 levers to replace the factory batwing decock lever for my full size PX4s. Holding off for the Ameriglo fiber optic version sights.

Are the fiber optic fronts going to be .125W? Really hoping so...
    What's the rear notch width again on the Ameriglos?
    I think the first sets of FO fronts for the full size are going to be .125 or .130 wide to match the notch in the rear they make now. I have asked for a .110 FO front with a narrower rear notch. Hopefully, they will do that along with the standard CAP sights.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1852
Size:  81.9 KBI recently had an enlightening conversation with a Glock-toting pistol instructor at my LGS. He assured me that I was making a huge mistake to use the slide release on my Beretta 92FS because that was an unsafe "competition only technique, and we don't teach that here." He allowed as it would work, you know, "for older competition shooters such as yourself." Then he assured me that his Glock was safer than my Beretta because it wouldn't "accidentaly go on-safe when using the proper overhand slide racking technique." So, is it any wonder that this wizard would not be prepared to teach anyone how to use a TDA pistol? Apparently, many gun-jocks raised on striker fired pistols do not have the depth of experience to train folks to use the PX4, or to recommend them. Many have literally NEVER fired a DA revolver. Unless and until a major forearms maker comes out with an advertising campaign touting the benefits of their new Dual Mode OffDef (Offensive Defensive) pistol with FPSH (Firing Pin Striking Hammer) and DMRA (Digital Mode Readiness Assessment), well, folks just won't try a fine pistol like the PX4. They don't want to be called "an older competition shooter." Gotta make everything Tacticool, don't ya know?
    Last edited by CommanderCrusty; 06-24-2017 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

There amount of gunstore derp I hear on a weekly basis is borderline depressing. I just go about my visits and nod my head and smile.
    Shoot more, post less...

Vending Machine Operator
    I think I have heard the "take your slide off" stuff about the 92-series and the "that one department had to use mallets that one time" stuff about the PX4 series each more times than I can count.

Eventually I had to come back to Earth and pay attention to the tens of thousands of flawless rounds I have through my Berettas at this point.

I understand why some people prefer striker triggers, I carry a Glock 19 primarily myself, but why all the other nonsense comes with that opinion so frequently I have no idea. Brilliant shooters have been shooting TDAs at masterclass level for decades but to listen to gun counter chat you'd think that never happened. And somehow the functionally similar Sig P-series tends to avoid the criticism 'cause Navy SEALs.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 06-24-2017 at 10:57 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List