Page 126 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1290

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

I jumped head first into the compact, thinking it was going to be my "G19". Last week I realised that while it shoots so softly, and was very accurate, it wasn't working for me.
    Can't pin down exactly what, but it wasn't. the 92 series does, but this just didn't.

I'll have some holsters, lefty, for sale in the classified....
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I jumped head first into the compact, thinking it was going to be my "G19". Last week I realised that while it shoots so softly, and was very accurate, it wasn't working for me.
    Can't pin down exactly what, but it wasn't. the 92 series does, but this just didn't.

I'll have some holsters, lefty, for sale in the classified....
    I know the PX4 is inherently a better, more advanced pistol than the 92. The compact in particular is a useful size, has ample capacity and has a superb recoil impulse. It is easy to clean, tinker with, and finally has - thanks to Ernest Langdon and a few intrepid people at Beretta - useable controls available no matter what kind of hands one has.

Nonetheless, I have cleared out all but my Subcompact PX4s. Why?

Beretta waited too long to do two important things: offer slides with good factory optics cut(s), and - more importantly - improve on the horribly dated grip frame... specifically texture, light rail slots and subtle contouring improvements WRT thumbs and forefingers. The 92X finally adressed most of the issues that I disliked about that platform, and if they had also offered a chopped 92X that was whittled down closer to a Subcompact size, my PX4 Subcompacts would probably have been gifted away by now.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I have a PX4CC. When I fire the first double action shot, when the slide returns to battery, it always points low and I need to raise the sights to get on target for the second shot. I built up the back strap and it helps but it still isn't an easy pistol to shoot fast and accurate. I don't have the same problem with an LTT 92 and several other DA/SA guns including some CZs. I don't have the inclination to learn a different shooting style for just one gun. Safe Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    I know the PX4 is inherently a better, more advanced pistol than the 92. The compact in particular is a useful size, has ample capacity and has a superb recoil impulse. It is easy to clean, tinker with, and finally has - thanks to Ernest Langdon and a few intrepid people at Beretta - useable controls available no matter what kind of hands one has.

Nonetheless, I have cleared out all but my Subcompact PX4s. Why?

Beretta waited too long to do two important things: offer slides with good factory optics cut(s), and - more importantly - improve on the horribly dated grip frame... specifically texture, light rail slots and subtle contouring improvements WRT thumbs and forefingers. The 92X finally adressed most of the issues that I disliked about that platform, and if they had also offered a chopped 92X that was whittled down closer to a Subcompact size, my PX4 Subcompacts would probably have been gifted away by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I have a PX4CC. When I fire the first double action shot, when the slide returns to battery, it always points low and I need to raise the sights to get on target for the second shot. I built up the back strap and it helps but it still isn't an easy pistol to shoot fast and accurate. I don't have the same problem with an LTT 92 and several other DA/SA guns including some CZs. I don't have the inclination to learn a different shooting style for just one gun. Safe Queen.
    I still have the 92C as a Beretta carry option, but have decided to just go back to my 9mm 1911 commander.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    I still have the 92C as a Beretta carry option, but have decided to just go back to my 9mm 1911 commander.
    The temptation to say "to hell with anything but a 9mm 1911" has been floating around my brain since 2016, but I really don't think it is wise for me at this stage of life to CCW any semiauto other than a DA/SA with a decocker.

Or possibly a DAO with a stout, long pull mimicking a snubby revolver.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

My new-to-me PX4 compact is set up for carry.
    Still waiting on a holster, and a lot of practice.
    Two months and 9 days. Unfortunately, while I am left-handed, I don't shoot left-handed. What're you doing with the PX4 itself?

Quote Originally Posted by No.6 View Post
    Two months and 9 days. Unfortunately, while I am left-handed, I don't shoot left-handed. What're you doing with the PX4 itself?

Both Px4 compacts were moved along to another user.

I see LTT has a new batch of PX4CCs available, including at least one new option - a flat trigger.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Both Px4 compacts were moved along to another user.
    At least hopefully you recouped most of the cost or are otherwise OK. I ask because I'm the opposite personality -- I could mull over a choice for ages but tend to stick with, so throwing all in and moving them on in a short period is outside my experience.

User Tag List