Page 120 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1290

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Don't know if anyone is looking at these sights for their compact PX-4. They are in-stock now.

https://langdontactical.com/ameriglo...t-px4-compact/
    These won’t work on a .45 ACP full sized PX4, correct?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Unique

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    These won’t work on a .45 ACP full sized PX4, correct?
    Correct. While the other PX4 Storms can share different sights, the Compact uses dovetails that are unique and sights from a Compact can only be used on a Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Correct. While the other PX4 Storms can share different sights, the Compact uses dovetails that are unique and sights from a Compact can only be used on a Compact.
    Effing Beretta. WHY?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Effing Beretta. WHY?!
    My guess would be that the slide of the PX4 Compact is so much wider and the barrel more bulky that it had to have a different dovetail. I have seen people attempt to put regular sights on a Compact and it failed to fill it across, side to side.

I agree that it would have been smart to have all PX4 Storms use the same dovetails. The Compact has quite a few oddities that are individual to it.

The Compact is a tough and durable, reliable and accurate pistol though. My wife has 41,100 rounds on hers without any issues.

My guess would be that the slide of the PX4 Compact is so much wider and the barrel more bulky that it had to have a different dovetail. I have seen people attempt to put regular sights on a Compact and it failed to fill it across, side to side.

I agree that it would have been smart to have all PX4 Storms use the same dovetails. The Compact has quite a few oddities that are individual to it.

The Compact is a tough and durable, reliable and accurate pistol though. My wife has 41,100 rounds on hers without any issues.
    Wait, I thought the subcompact without the rotating barrel was the odd one out, and they're all listed at 36mm width.

Is the Compact actually that much chunkier than the full?

Glock uses the same dovetail cut between all the non slim lines, even though a 17 has a narrower slide than a 21. Even though there are different heights between them. Sights may be the #1 aftermarket component for a pistol, and Beretta is doing itself no favors by having 15 different dovetails.

Also, a sight doesn’t have to fill the dovetail. It’s actually better if it doesn’t, in case an adjustment is needed.

To be clear, my frustration is toward Beretta and not you. I’m a big fan of their pistols and this has caused frustrations over the year. There was a point we were having custom made sights done for our competition Beretta.

Chunk placement

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    Wait, I thought the subcompact without the rotating barrel was the odd one out, and they're all listed at 36mm width.

Is the Compact actually that much chunkier than the full?
    Though the SubCompact is chunkier, in this picture you can see that the topstrap, where the sights are inserted is wider on the Compact than the SubCompact.

The Compact is on the left and the SubCompact on the right.

Name:  Screenshot_20230311-135921.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  38.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Glock uses the same dovetail cut between all the non slim lines, even though a 17 has a narrower slide than a 21. Even though there are different heights between them. Sights may be the #1 aftermarket component for a pistol, and Beretta is doing itself no favors by having 15 different dovetails.

Also, a sight doesn’t have to fill the dovetail. It’s actually better if it doesn’t, in case an adjustment is needed.

To be clear, my frustration is toward Beretta and not you. I’m a big fan of their pistols and this has caused frustrations over the year. There was a point we were having custom made sights done for our competition Beretta.
    I agree that it would have been much better for all PX4 Storms to take the same sights. In the case of the Compact when two narrow of a sight post is put in it exposes openings in the dovetail cavity of the slide.

I agree that it would have been much better for all PX4 Storms, 92s, APXs, and Cougars to take the same sights.
    FIFY.

I agree that it would have been much better for all PX4 Storms to take the same sights. In the case of the Compact when two narrow of a sight post is put in it exposes openings in the dovetail cavity of the slide.

Are the angles of the dovetail and the width of the dovetail the same, just different length? I ask because I thought you could modify (shorten) a compact front to fit in a full size of subcompact front (since I don't see the full size anymore).

That doesn't cover however if they are the same height across the 9/40/45 for point of aim conversation.

Thanks!

User Tag List