Page 116 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1290

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

I went ahead and ordered a LTT trigger bar, too. That and the hammer spring will have to be good enough.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I went ahead and ordered a LTT trigger bar, too. That and the hammer spring will have to be good enough.
    Let us know how it goes!

I wish I had a trigger pull gauge. Let me see if I can do something about that, I’ve been meaning to get one.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I wish I had a trigger pull gauge. Let me see if I can do something about that, I’ve been meaning to get one.
    I think Brownells has a good deal on those.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Nice work!

I have found that a little lube on a few contact points in the fire control unit can help, especially with new parts. I have found that it can reduce DA pull by a full pound sometimes. It can help perceived smoothness, also.

As to the Talon grips, you might peek here first: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....n-usage/page10 post 91
    This. Just as with Ruger revolvers, cleaning the assembly gunk away, making sure there are no burrs and/or leftover "wire edges" and then thoughtful lubricating can make a big difference with Beretta semiautos; sometimes this allows a somewhat heavier mainspring than originally projected.

My roll-your-own Talons were cut with as few narrow points, sharp notches or abrupt transitions as I could manage without being OCD, and - as you mentioned - they were made so that the gun could be disassembled and maintained without having to peel anything off. These are quite "minimalist," but they work for me. The two areas that wrap around the rear of the grip do overlap the centerline a bit. The Beretta "medallions" on the sides were covered up just because ornery old orange cats are no respecters of such things.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

That's the thing about new toys, they require new support gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Annnyyy hints on what's coming in January? Not a PX4 and the 92 has already been seeing a lot of love lately with the 92X RDO, A4, and Carry Optics...
    I guess this counts as a hint? https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....s-past-weekend
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Nice work!

I have found that a little lube on a few contact points in the fire control unit can help, especially with new parts. I have found that it can reduce DA pull by a full pound sometimes. It can help perceived smoothness, also.

As to the Talon grips, you might peek here first: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....n-usage/page10 post 91
    So playing off this comment and the one from Gato: with the TJIAB, there shouldn’t be any “wire edges” and things should be appropriately greased/lubed, no? That’s what the added cost above just buying a Comp trigger pack if for, the hand-fitting and polishing LTT is supposed to do, correct?

After a few dry fire sessions it’s smoothing even further, just wanted to clarify on those points. Thanks!

Honing can decrease & increase friction...

Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    So playing off this comment and the one from Gato: with the TJIAB, there shouldn’t be any “wire edges” and things should be appropriately greased/lubed, no? That’s what the added cost above just buying a Comp trigger pack if for, the hand-fitting and polishing LTT is supposed to do, correct?

After a few dry fire sessions it’s smoothing even further, just wanted to clarify on those points. Thanks!
    I have never purchased or used a TJIAB so we'll have to ask the other members if it comes lubricated. But, yes... that polishing is an advantage to the trigger job over the competition trigger group, stock.

There is an interesting concept about honing and smoothing interacting parts. When you hone or smooth a part there is less indentation, minor cratering or anomalies caused by tooling or casting. So, when two surfaces have been well polished in the correct way that they remain square to each other and flush there becomes more surface area that is touching more surface area. Meanwhile, there is less indentation or cratering to store lubrication in.

While the honing is reducing friction by making the surface more slick it is increasing friction by having more surface touching more surface. This is why some light lubrication is helpful for the parts to fit to each other as well as being individually honed.

This is another reason that I prefer grease to oil, as grease has a minor polishing effect.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 12-15-2022 at 01:17 AM.

I think this is where people were waiting for PX4 full size Carry to come back to Langdon - they sent out an email that they have them now.
    Ken

User Tag List