Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1290

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Levers swapped out with Carry Levers, Talon rubber type grip decals added, factory mainspring changed out with the LTT 11# spring, and factory sights replaced with Ameriglos. Next, off to run a few mags to function test and adjust sights. Then bust out the CLP and toothbrush to scrub off the aluminum residue on the rear sight from installing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by BJV View Post
    Looking at the link, Is it possible to only replace the left side lever and leave the current flush right side?

Quote Originally Posted by pi3 View Post
    Looking at the link, Is it possible to only replace the left side lever and leave the current flush right side?
    Yes! Mix and match as you please with all of the different lever styles or combinations.

Additional information: only the stock right lever and model 92 style lever have the blade that drops the trigger bar while decocking or on safe.

The left lever shaft of the stock lever or a model 92 style lever that still have the detent ball and spring are responsible for the levers staying down in the safe position.

The very flat Stealth lever and the Carry lever are both type G levers.

Bottom line- you can mix and match and they will go together perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    So here’s a stupid question. Do I really want need the full size F model .45 I stumbled across today for less $450 OTD?🤔
    Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    There is a bundle of fun in every .45 Storm! That is a super price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    What's need got to do with anything?
    I succumbed to PF Peer Pressure again. It came with all 3 mags, all 3 backstraps, box and all the factory paperwork. Probably less than 100 rounds through it based on the lack of wear. $422 OTD.

Of course this means I need to restart the new AR upper/870 update fund again...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I succumbed to PF Peer Pressure again.
    I'm happy to be of service.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

"Fun will now commence"

I succumbed to PF Peer Pressure again. It came with all 3 mags, all 3 backstraps, box and all the factory paperwork. Probably less than 100 rounds through it based on the lack of wear. $422 OTD.

Of course this means I need to restart the new AR upper/870 update fund again...
    Congrats! Nice find!

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    ...factory sights replaced with Ameriglos. Next, off to run a few mags to function test and adjust sights. Then bust out the CLP and toothbrush to scrub off the aluminum residue on the rear sight from installing it.
    Respect.

I stopped fooling with removal of PX4 factory sights... life was becoming too short and blood pressure too high. The last set I took to a gunsmith was not as bad as it could have been, but even a "pro" was less than happy about the experience. ("Those ******* are in there TIGHT!")

One of my latest wild hairs - cats have a lot of them - is considering getting rid of all the remaining centerfire semiautos and just going all-in on the PX4. There is something to be said for familiarity, and I am convinced that the things hold up as well over time as any 92.

After all my angst and screwing around in getting to where I finally did with the PX4s, I would now change out less than I have in the past. About all I now consider necessary other than checking for burrs, cleaning/lubing, etc, is changing to the carry levers and the 11# LTT spring. I've learned that the factory sights can be lived with, as can the grip frame without an applique.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Spring

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    Respect.

I stopped fooling with removal of PX4 factory sights... life was becoming too short and blood pressure too high. The last set I took to a gunsmith was not as bad as it could have been, but even a "pro" was less than happy about the experience. ("Those ******* are in there TIGHT!")

One of my latest wild hairs - cats have a lot of them - is considering getting rid of all the remaining centerfire semiautos and just going all-in on the PX4. There is something to be said for familiarity, and I am convinced that the things hold up as well over time as any 92.

After all my angst and screwing around in getting to where I finally did with the PX4s, I would now change out less than I have in the past. About all I now consider necessary other than checking for burrs, cleaning/lubing, etc, is changing to the carry levers and the 11# LTT spring. I've learned that the factory sights can be lived with, as can the grip frame without an applique.
    I would suggest a Beretta D spring or an LTT 12# spring if you're going to be using a pistol for defensive purposes. I have received quite a few reports of light strikes with the 11# spring and in a couple of cases have had light strikes in our pistols with the 11# spring.

We had to remove the 11# spring from our SubCompact to avoid consistent light strikes. Installing a D spring has cured that problem.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    I would suggest a Beretta D spring or an LTT 12# spring if you're going to be using a pistol for defensive purposes. I have received quite a few reports of light strikes with the 11# spring and in a couple of cases have had light strikes in our pistols with the 11# spring.

We had to remove the 11# spring from our SubCompact to avoid consistent light strikes. Installing a D spring has cured that problem.
    Good to know! I have not had a problem (yet) with the 11#, but I also have not run a wide variety of ammunition through the PX4s compared to the good old days.

For all the blind leads I went down with my pet subcompact and the compacts that came and went, there really isn't all that much that needs to be changed out or modified for me to be happy with them. (Except for the fact that the compact's grip does nothing for my hand. That being said, just because a pistol "feels right" it doesn't necessarily work out well in the long run... in fact, it generally doesn't.)
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

User Tag List