Page 10 of 129 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Ooops, I linked the wrong Grand Power video. His comments were in the .45 Auto version, beginning around the 9:40 mark.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Bullet-Blaster
    Thanks for the insight. Yeah, I watched this video a while ago. The lube issue aside, he seemed pretty happy with the gun. Seems that people have a generally favorable opinion of the Grand Powers. Sootch reviewed the P11 and had good things to say about it. Not that he ever really disses a pistol... but... he seemed genuinely impressed by it. The P11 is probably one I'd be interested in as a carry option.

Yeah, going back to past threads I've seen some of Todd's comments on Grand Powers and PX4s/Cougars... he was clearly not a fan. Something to effect of "inherent reliability problems which get worse without continued lubrication." <=I'm paraphrasing.

As they say... YMMV. Most feedback I've seen with PX4s (and rotating barrel guns in general) is very good. Still, I'm more inclined to think this system might be more lube sensitive than others? (namely, the camming groove). Either way, a drop of oil in the channel, and a drop on the nub... and my PX4 has gone 800 rounds with no issues. I will say I haven't gone over 200 rounds in a session though.

To be fair, I did have a .45 cougar which had the occasional FTFeed. One thing I noticed was that the feed angle was 1911ish (i.e., crash the round straight into the feed ramp and hope for the best) and I think that may have been more of a factor than the rotating barrel; I'm assuming the double-stack 9mm Cougars have a higher feed angle like 92s and PX4s.

I also greased the cam groove in that cougar (because I heard you should). Some guys on the Beretta forum pointed out that I may have been using too much grease? Could have also been a factor. Haven't used grease in my PX4. Haven't had a problem.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 04-24-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Yes, I shot one a couple of months ago. The flagship X-Caliber. It was accurate, but I found the recoil impulse more snappy than the PX4. I also liked the PX4 trigger better.
    Cool. Thanks for the feedback. People seem generally pretty impressed with the triggers on the Grand Powers; I will say I am super impressed by the PX4 trigger.

I'd like to try one at some point. I'd be interested to see if the "intuitive shootability" I find with the PX4 translates to another rotating barrel platform.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 04-24-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Hey guys, just ran across this https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-1704240828278. Full size with night sights for $409.99. Don't know anything about the night sights. Only have a few days left for the $75 rebate .

Quote Originally Posted by 357carbine View Post
    Hey guys, just ran across this https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-1704240828278. Full size with night sights for $409.99. Don't know anything about the night sights. Only have a few days left for the $75 rebate .
    Jeez great deal with the rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    OK, so I don't want to over-promise and under deliver. There are a lot of things in the works right now. I will list some and do my best to make the list in order of when I think they will be available;

1. Full-Size PX4 MOD 4 guns available from ROBAR at the same price and configuration as the Compact Carry.
    2. PX 4 Compact Carry MOD 5. More stuff that I do to my gun. Spurless Hammer, 17 round Mags, Mag bevel, maybe a cool barrel crown?
    3. Beretta 92G Elite LTT. Details on another thread.
    4. Full-Size PX4 Carry Comp (or something like that) from Beretta.
    5. New safety de-cocker design that is easier to use but still low profile. Some people really struggle with using that Stealth Lever and that needs to be addressed.
    (I have made a few prototypes, but to make it right Beretta Italy is going to have to make it)

Ameriglo is working on both T-Cap sights (just like the PX4 CC) and Fiber Optic sights for the full-size.

Keep your fingers crossed and keep talking here on the forum. I am trying to listen and get the right info and decisions made at the right places to build the things that you guys want.
    I'm also interested most in 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Don't forget the 18.5" 1301 LTT Comp with a vent rib barrel.
    Yeah, that is a totally separate project, but it is still there.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yeah, that is a totally separate project, but it is still there.
    If it helps any on the Beretta side, tally me as another person who will buy the Langdon 1301 if and when it comes out. (With apologies for the derail).

Quote Originally Posted by Xrslug View Post
    If it helps any on the Beretta side, tally me as another person who will buy the Langdon 1301 if and when it comes out. (With apologies for the derail).
    Thanks, I will be chatting with Beretta about this at the NRA Annual Convention this weekend.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Went to an indoor range in Newbury, Ohio to teach my twelve year old pressouts with my PX4 Compact. There were PX4s in the next two lanes! A full size and another compact. One of the guys told me they're really popular guns. My FDE with Langdon hammer and 12lb Wilson hammer spring was the coolest however

was at a gun store yesterday, looking for a Gold Cup (didn't have one), and there was a gentleman and his son (maybe 12) looking at pistols for his wife (she showed up about 10 min later), and they were looking at single stack 9mms for her.

i gently advised him that smaller pistols will have more kick, and suggested he also look at one of the several Px4s they had on display. wife showed up and i departed.

User Tag List