Page 83 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Picked the gun up today. In typical PX4 fasion the trigger isn't bad as-is. I'll test fire it this weekend to make sure it works then I'll steal the 12# WC hammer spring from my compact to put in the subcompact and the compact will get a TJIB.
    I tried a PX4 at the gun store a few years ago (when they were hated). The trigger seemed smooth and better than most.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I tried a PX4 at the gun store a few years ago (when they were hated). The trigger seemed smooth and better than most.
    For a standard model mass production DA/SA pistol, it's the best out-of-the-box trigger I've ever felt.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    For a standard model mass production DA/SA pistol, it's the best out-of-the-box trigger I've ever felt.

Yeah, on a factory gun they are impressive. After a little use,, they are even better. We had some old show guns side by side with the Compact Carries when the first came out. Old show guns had had the triggers pulled a few hundred thousand times likely, and were pretty impressive. It was hard to tell people that the Compact Carry had a better trigger on them because the DA was better on the old trade show guns.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y5akPAgYkA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This stuff is why I really like the combination of NP3 with the rotating barrel. Everything is a give and take. The design of the gun gives great recoil characteristics and easy of slide manipulation. The negative is it can rotate stuff inside. On my Guns, which are now all NP3’d, I have not seen some of the issues others noted, except in one case with a bad round. In that case, that hard PX4 lock up the NP3 allowed me to at least clear that bad round. It was some work, but at least did not require any tools of hard object assistance.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 05-29-2018 at 03:03 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Watched that, too. Remember, "for entertainment purposes, only." Not sure how seriously MAC takes his own test, as he doesn't carry an Arex Rex Zero 1 (the only gun to do really well in the "Gauntlet" test), and he's never tested (that I know of) his own carry gun, the CZ P01 Compact.

So, make of this what you will.
    Last edited by Guerrero; 05-29-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I am not going to sell all my PX4's due to his test

Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

I agree. But usually his tests have shown valid problems with certain guns. I take what data I can pluck from them. They are entertaining to me and he seems to have a pretty good control at least.

He also states that certain parts of the test would give him no pause in a carry gun. But failing the basics makes him nervous. And also second Dagga on the np3 treatment, seems like that would help slick things up quite a bit without lube.

Didn’t Msparks do his own little test and the px4 choked but the p30 chugged along? Or am I mistaken? Also, I absolutely loved my px4cc and this would not make me sell mine.

Last edited by Trukinjp13; 05-29-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y5akPAgYkA

That test is so far from a real test it is not even funny. He is clear that it is for "entertainment purposes only" but he still likes to draw conclusions from the test. It is not even close to the way the military runs an environmental test. I have watched several of the videos and there is not a lot of consistency between test when it comes to the sand, dirt, mud etc. In the case of a true test, even the moisture level of the sand has to be the same. Not to mention the size of the sand, how it is placed on top of the gun, the amount of sand that is placed on top of the gun, the direction it comes from, the velocity of the sand when it hits the gun, etc. The same controls would need to be in place for all the other parts of the test.

Even if he was controlling all of those factors, it is still only a sample of one. In order to get any kind of real statistical data, every pistol would have to be run multiple times through the exact same test with all the proper controls in place.

I also find it funny that he clearly has a bias against the rotating barrel as he thinks that is a problem. I mean what other military grade guns would have a rotating barrel/bolt. Like, say an AK47/74, M4/M16, M1 Garand, M14...... I don't think I need to continue.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Vending Machine Operator

Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

The traction those gauntlet tests have gotten makes me want to buy more PX4s out of spite. My PX4 is headed on to 11 years and at this point close to 16K rounds with 2 recalled stoppages. My tactic is avoiding placing containers of gunk on my nightstand or in my glovebox.

Someone also pointed out he hasn’t done the gauntlet on his own carry gun and doesn’t carry the Arex himself. That’s confusing. If he really thinks his tests are sound why not abide by their results?

Though buying a beat to hell PX4 for pennies and having it Robar np3+ treated is an idea I now wanna try thanks to Dagga Boy.

Last edited by LockedBreech; 05-29-2018 at 11:09 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List