Page 93 of 129 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

So, I got the comp trigger group installed (thx for the help!), and, to be honest, I don't see much difference in the pull. If anything, it feels HEAVIER than factory to me. Dry firing at least.

Is this the norm? Do I need a #12 Wilson spring to make this shine?

Kinda bummed I spent 90 bucks on this thing....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JWHuey; 03-23-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JWHuey View Post
    So, I got the comp trigger group installed (thx for the help!), and, to be honest, I don't see much difference in the pull. If anything, it feels HEAVIER than factory to me. Dry firing at least.

Is this the norm? Do I need a #12 Wilson spring to make this shine?

Kinda bummed I spent 90 bucks on this thing....
    What spring is in there now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Yeah for me the #12 hammer spring made a big difference on my (mostly stock) PX4 Full size.
    The comp parts are chromed but the description doesn't say what the hammer spring weight is.

Quote Originally Posted by karam.19 View Post
    What spring is in there now?

Not sure? Whatever comes with the competition trigger group from Beretta. Its chromed.

Not sure? Whatever comes with the competition trigger group from Beretta. Its chromed.
    The 12 or 11 pound hammer spring will make it much lighter. You probably should have just gotten this :/

https://www.langdontactical.com/trig...-in-a-bag-px4/

The 12 or 11 pound hammer spring will make it much lighter. You probably should have just gotten this :/

https://www.langdontactical.com/trig...-in-a-bag-px4/

I looked at that, but 165 bucks was a little more than I wanted to spend. I'll definitely order the 12 lb Wilson trigger spring from Langdon and see if that makes it better.

Take a look at this video at 4:10. That should explain it for you. The competition trigger group only impacts the single action.

https://youtu.be/RXjMhNjyYwk

Take a look at this video at 4:10. That should explain it for you. The competition trigger group only impacts the single action.

https://youtu.be/RXjMhNjyYwk

Awesome! Thank you!

I just went on LTTs site and ordered two of the 12 lb Wilson Springs.

I figure I'll add one to the new competition group, and one to the factory group and keep it as a backup.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Awesome! Thank you!

I just went on LTTs site and ordered two of the 12 lb Wilson Springs.

I figure I'll add one to the new competition group, and one to the factory group and keep it as a backup.
    I have had a couple of different PX4s that got the 12# Wilson springs, and they were all improvements in pull weight over what came from the factory. Something I did not foresee was that when using the 12# with a particularly "slick" hammer group, the DA pull was beautiful, but the SA was almost a bit "too" good. That particular example was not using a competition trigger group, but rather a standard one which I had made certain had no burrs and was as good as I could "tune" without resorting to stoning the hammer and sear.

(FWIW, the trigger bar had also been given TLC.)

A better shooter with more time to train than I have available might like an SA trigger even lighter than what I ended up with on that particular pistol, but I know my limitations.

gn

Site Supporter
    ^^^^I've got 12 lb. hammer springs from LTT in my two TDA PX4s and they're just about right for carry guns with stock actions. I wouldn't want the SA lighter, though smoother DA might be nice.

MY DAO PX4 D is going to LTT when budget allows just to see how nice that DA can get.

User Tag List