Page 96 of 129 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

More about parts

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    Yes sir, That appears to be the exact problem, the hammer pin must not be in spec and sticks out from the trigger housing too far, causing the trigger bar to come out of the notch just enough to cause problems. For now I just put the stock trigger group in, I am going to look up the part number for it and buy a new hammer pin. It will still be a good deal for the trigger group.

This is the first time I've really tinkered around with the lower, your help has been greatly appreciated! The px4 is actually not that complicated of a design stand point as far as I can tell so far, I'm digging it! Great pistol!
    Cool! If you don't mind keeping us informed of how it works out....

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....art-do-and-how

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Cool! If you don't mind keeping us informed of how it works out....

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....art-do-and-how
    Man you really know your stuff on the PX4! Your thread you made of how it works is priceless information, Thank You!

I will certainly give an update. I'm looking up other small parts and springs that might be wear items since I have to pay for shipping and all. I like to keep extra parts around. I think I'm going to do a nose dive head first into the px4 platform. I have rotating chrome lined barrels on my brain anymore. Such a sweet shooter!

More, more, more

Man you really know your stuff on the PX4! Your thread you made of how it works is priceless information, Thank You!

I will certainly give an update. I'm looking up other small parts and springs that might be wear items since I have to pay for shipping and all. I like to keep extra parts around. I think I'm going to do a nose dive head first into the px4 platform. I have rotating chrome lined barrels on my brain anymore. Such a sweet shooter!
    Thanks for the positive feedback!

About those springs, pins and spare parts... check out post number 24 on this page-

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....on-usage/page3

Quick update: I fixed it! I couldn't sleep knowing I have a non working pistol, so I took the hammer retaining pin off of my stock trigger and put that on the competition trigger. Trigger now works flawlessly in DA and SA. I looked at the two pins side by side before switching them and it appears miss shaped on the competition hammer retaining spring. It wasn't locking under the pin that goes through the actual hammer, allowing that hammer pin to not be fully seated through the housing.

I did notice that the stock hammer pin is black and the competition is silver in color, so I am going to get the actual replacement for that competition trigger, but at least I know that was the actual cause of the problem. So pretty sweet deal for the competition trigger group.

Good results!

Quick update: I fixed it! I couldn't sleep knowing I have a non working pistol, so I took the hammer retaining pin off of my stock trigger and put that on the competition trigger. Trigger now works flawlessly in DA and SA. I looked at the two pins side by side before switching them and it appears miss shaped on the competition hammer retaining spring. It wasn't locking under the pin that goes through the actual hammer, allowing that hammer pin to not be fully seated through the housing.

I did notice that the stock hammer pin is black and the competition is silver in color, so I am going to get the actual replacement for that competition trigger, but at least I know that was the actual cause of the problem. So pretty sweet deal for the competition trigger group.
    Excellent! Your diligence and patience paid off.

Site Supporter
    I found a downside to the stock safety/decock levers yesterday. I was shooting a local USPSA match and failed to fully insert the mag on a reload. I got the dreaded bang-click, saw the mag wasn't fully seated, did a tap/rack and finished the stage. When I did the unload-and-show-clear, my left index finger was bloody. When I racked the slide, I used an overhand grasp and probably when retracting it and letting it go the sharp leading edge of the lever nailed me. Sheesh.

lever cuts

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I found a downside to the stock safety/decock levers yesterday. I was shooting a local USPSA match and failed to fully insert the mag on a reload. I got the dreaded bang-click, saw the mag wasn't fully seated, did a tap/rack and finished the stage. When I did the unload-and-show-clear, my left index finger was bloody. When I racked the slide, I used an overhand grasp and probably when retracting it and letting it go the sharp leading edge of the lever nailed me. Sheesh.
    That was the main reason I went to the low profile levers!

Citing dissatisfaction with Beretta's reconditioning of their 10 year-old .40 caliber PX4 pistols, Fresno PD is looking to jump to an unnamed 9mm.

"In both refurbished and non-refurbished pistols, the most notable issue is an excessive, inconsistent, or sporadic trigger pull. This has caused several officers to have difficulty meeting their quarterly range qualifications, raised officer safety concerns, and potentially exposes FPD and the city to liability."

https://amp.fresnobee.com/news/local...239246213.html

https://abc30.com/amp/5849566/

Edit: In case anyone wonders for what Fresno PD is willing to sell 900 .40 cal PX4s, the distributor ProForce offered $240/ea.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 01-16-2020 at 05:35 AM.

Did Beretta ever offer the compact in the C or D version?

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    The stock levers worked for me... as long as I was concentrating on them excessively. Then came the homebrew mods, the stealths and the fuglies, each of which was an improvement. When the carry levers arrived on the scene there was much rejoicing in the house.

The combination of a carry lever on the left and a stealth lever on the right is the least obtrusive option for me, but the l/r carry levers are low/smooth enough that I use the set as they come.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

User Tag List