Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1290

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Oh MY!

I haven't dabbled in PX4s since the early years. I had so called stealth levers on mine, which were super flush. These look less flush, but also appear such that they are angled in a way they can't inadvertently be "decocked" while racking the slide.
    I misspoke. The original super flush levers were the stealth levers. They were almost too small, so you could get what was called the Carry Levers as an add on, which are seen here and were also standard on optic cut PX4s from LTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I misspoke. The original super flush levers were the stealth levers. They were almost too small, so you could get what was called the Carry Levers as an add on, which are seen here and were also standard on optic cut PX4s from LTT.
    I have a PX4CC, and I swapped out the levers for Carry ones like this. It looks like a minor tuning of the pistol, but useful.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Also the bobbed hammer.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Surprised Beretta introduced a PX4 refresh without a factory optics option.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Surprised Beretta introduced a PX4 refresh without a factory optics option.
    We definitely looked into it.

We don't have a plate system that we could retrofit to make work for it, nor was there resourcing available to develop a whole new set as these are essentially a line extension. Couldn't do a direct mount because we'd have to go with one of the Holdings group sister company patterns, and that becomes a political thing. Any conversation about implementing a new style of cut would also dramatically slow the program, require more resources, and generally gum up the works to make it so these models probably wouldn't make it to market.

The team made the call that we'd rather have these on the market (especially in time for 20 years of PX4), and the end customers do still have the option going to LTT for their cut to satisfy the need for those who want to run RDO.

Believe me when I say these would have RDO and improved ergos and texture if it were that simple, but we wanted the bird in the hand for this one, as well as keep the dream alive for keeping PX4 relevant. Incrementally moving the chains forward was the best path for now, and I genuinely think that we're still putting a damn solid gun out to the market and with some LTT love added in, it's one of the best; full stop.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    We definitely looked into it...
    Fair enough - appreciate the insight.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    When are the refreshed px4 shipping out?

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    When are the refreshed px4 shipping out?
    LTT got the first batches, and those already shipped. In fact, I think the first orders should probably be landing at customers pretty soon given my understanding of the lead times.

The dealer and distribution guns are starting to ship from the US warehouses now.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

G-sd and CC2 specs

We definitely looked into it.

We don't have a plate system that we could retrofit to make work for it, nor was there resourcing available to develop a whole new set as these are essentially a line extension. Couldn't do a direct mount because we'd have to go with one of the Holdings group sister company patterns, and that becomes a political thing. Any conversation about implementing a new style of cut would also dramatically slow the program, require more resources, and generally gum up the works to make it so these models probably wouldn't make it to market.

The team made the call that we'd rather have these on the market (especially in time for 20 years of PX4), and the end customers do still have the option going to LTT for their cut to satisfy the need for those who want to run RDO.

Believe me when I say these would have RDO and improved ergos and texture if it were that simple, but we wanted the bird in the hand for this one, as well as keep the dream alive for keeping PX4 relevant. Incrementally moving the chains forward was the best path for now, and I genuinely think that we're still putting a damn solid gun out to the market and with some LTT love added in, it's one of the best; full stop.
    Except for the heavier barrel on the G-SD, what is the difference INTERNALY between the standard PX-4s and the new two models?

On the Beretta web site it states:
    IMPROVED DOUBLE ACTION TRIGGER
    • Provides a lighter and smoother trigger pull for unparalleled accuracy and control.

But comparing the G-SD lower to my regular PX4 Full Size I could not see any differences. Same exact internals. The trigger also feels and measures the same when I'm using the same hammer spring weight (I use the 10Lbs).

Comparing the new CC2 to my older CC, the new CC2 actually appears to be a downgraded version of the older CC.
    The older CC had the chromed competition assembly and a better trigger bar. The new CC2 lower looks the same as the standard PX4 Compact.

Am I missing something?

Question

LTT got the first batches, and those already shipped. In fact, I think the first orders should probably be landing at customers pretty soon given my understanding of the lead times.

The dealer and distribution guns are starting to ship from the US warehouses now.
    What are the exact differences in the lower between the new g-sd/CC2 to the standard PX4 models.
    The ones that I have are virtually identical.
    The CC2 appears to be a downgrade from my original CC as it doesn’t come with a competition hammer assembly and improved trigger bar…
    Please correct me if I’m wrong because they cost quite a bit more.
    My plan was to get these and only add the LTT OP trigger bar but I’m afraid Beretta is “leaving” more work for Langdon.
    On the other hand Langdon doesn’t offer the OP trigger bar lately…

User Tag List