Page 123 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1290

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

I missed a lightly used full size carry with the langdon package by a few minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I missed a lightly used full size carry with the langdon package by a few minutes!
    Sorry man!

Just chewed up a B8 and some steel with 50 rounds of Blazer. 2 hammer clunks left on a brass punch and the Ameri Glos are spot on. This is one sweet pistol. I polished and spruced a bit last night but looking forward to LTT TJIAB extraordinary sweetness.

How about the TLR 3?
    Very small light.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Can people with average size hands get a *full* grip with the compact size PX4 with it's 15 rd mag inserted, similar to a Glock 19 grip ? I see that the full size PX4 weights less than a half ounce more than the PX4 compact but has a 4" inch barrel that offers better ballistics compared to the compact's 3.2" inch barrel. It also has an overall height that is .510" taller than the compact size, which makes it overall less concealable, but IMHO when worn AIWB the taller grip would matter less than when worn on the side.
    I wear L gloves and would say I have average male hands. I have no difficulty with the full grip. That said, I took two of my mags and added the Beretta +2 extensions (and vetted them fairly well) and so when carrying with spare mags it's a box worth (15+1, +17, +17). If it were a glock it'd be an 19x when so configured.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    IBecause I live out in the country where it gets incredibly dark after sundown I need a WML on everything. I’m looking for WML options for the Px4 full size. Anyone have suggestions? Currently, I have a TLR1 on it and it fits fine in my Philster Floodlight AIWB. It conceals well but I’d like to have an option for a more compact WML.
    If you're looking for something that doesn't extend past the muzzle, a Streamlight TLR-7A works. Not the brightest of lights, but sits flush with end of the slide, doesn't accumulate carbon fouling during live fire, and from trying mine out on my yard, I personally feel that for "out in the country after sundown" use it's plenty bright enough, as long as you don't have to aim into the high beams of a car or something like that.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Become one of us...

...one of us...

...one of us...

Oh, it's happened.

Not one, but two PX4 compacts.
    One from a fellow PFer, it came with 800 break in rounds shot, and a like new, used, from guns.com for a song of a price.
    The first came with the stealth levers, and the second with pure stock factory stuff. Boy o boy those levers are sharp....they'll be replaced with the stealth levers. I've put 350 rounds thru the first gun, and 150 thru the second, without a single bobble.

Being left handed, the pistol is good to go out of the box, but honestly,I'm not feeling the lefty accessible slide release is necessary, and will probably remove that as well.

While I have been a fan of the 92 series for years, and over the last year immersed myself in several variations, including a LTT modded 92X Centurion with RMR, and a M9a1 compact, from another fellow PFer. The PX4 offers pretty much the same manual of arms, except for the wizardry of how they make a 3.2" barrel recoil so softly. The trigger pull is amazing for a DA/SA gun, as others have stated in this and other threads... And then there's the weight reduction from the 92 compact.

The first PX4 compact is currently out at @LangdonTactical, well the slide is, for the RMR cut, and the recessed crown. The newer gun is going to be the back-up, because two is one..., the LTT cut gun will be the carry gun.

Perhaps a full size down the road, but currently have no use for it with the 92's filling that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    The first came with the stealth levers, and the second with pure stock factory stuff. Boy o boy those levers are sharp....they'll be replaced with the stealth levers.
    Congratulations on your purchases.

If you haven't seen them, the "Carry" levers are another option. https://langdontactical.com/px4-carr...cocking-lever/

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Congratulations on your purchases.

If you haven't seen them, the "Carry" levers are another option. https://langdontactical.com/px4-carr...cocking-lever/
    I did see those.
    Wasn't sure how much they bumped out.
    The stealth levers are working fine, as I can manage them.
    12# is the magic hammer spring, huh?
    May try it.
    I have average sized hands, more thick than long, and the small and medium backstraps work well, in fact, I prefer the smalls.
    Swapped the mag release to lefty operable on both.
    The first gun also came with the 3 mag release sizes..... I like the large.
    Put the medium in the second gun, but may just purchase another large to keep it the same.
    When the slide returns, I'll be mounting a RM04 on the pistol :
    I like the idea of no batteries, and have the same on my LTT 92.

I put the LTT 10lb firing pin spring in my range LTT PX4CC that I also added a bobbed hammer and his new trigger bar. I have over 7000 rds thru it with no malfunctions. I use major manufacturers new ammo…no remanufactured. Its a sweet da pull.
    I’m confident enough that I added the 10lb spring to my identical carry gun.
    I did get some major manufactured ammo that was giving me 10-15% failures. Hard primers I assumed. With the PX4CC I just pulled the trigger again and they fired. Using my other guns to test (Wilson’s/Staccatos) I had the same failure rates and got some good tap/rack/bang practice.
    Inside 10-12 yards there is nothing faster and more accurate than the PX4CC for me!

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    12# is the magic hammer spring, huh?
    I think it is, but there is a caveat...

In a new PX4, a lighter spring often felt like the answer, but with use the components would smooth out/wear in and the pull would simply get too light for me. So I have used lighter springs for a while then put 12# springs in the gun. I ended up with a stash of unwanted #10 and #11 - and indeterminate weight - springs here by the time I phased out all PX4s but the SCs.

Reliability in setting off primers is a whole 'nuther issue that - IMHO - adds icing to the 12# cake.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

User Tag List