Page 112 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1290

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Yep, the trigger job. I got my retail CC from EuroOptic and put an LTT spring and OP trigger bar in it, then I have a non LTT Full with an LTT TJIAB.

Is the pawnshop one a Compact, or a Compact Carry???
    Just a compact. It is really tatty, to the point I used hand sanitizer after I got I back into the truck. But it served its purpose.

At $500 after rebate, this really is a no-brainer. Not that I’ve ever been accused of having a brain…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Just a compact. It is really tatty, to the point I used hand sanitizer after I got I back into the truck. But it served its purpose.

At $500 after rebate, this really is a no-brainer. Not that I’ve ever been accused of having a brain…
    LTT sells a kit with the stealth levers and single sided slide release which are game changers for a PX4 Compact....

LTT sells a kit with the stealth levers and single sided slide release which are game changers for a PX4 Compact....
    But doesn’t the retail CC already have those?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter

Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    Is anyone running a PX4 RDO for competition? If so, what retention/OWB holster options are you using? I’ve been a Safariland guy for years, but had to branch out when I got my LTT 92G RDO as Safariland isn’t keeping up. I have both a US Duty Gear and a Midwest Tactical Solitions and both seem pretty solid but neither list the PX4 as an option (unless I missed it). I may see if they can do one, but if there are other hard-use options ready to go, I’m all ears. I historically tend to shoot 2-Gun “tactical” type matches, hence the retention holsters. However, since moving to the Midwest those are less common so I’m open to holster suggestions for USPSA as well, as that is most likely what I’ll shoot a lot of the time. The PX4 will be more of an AIWB EDC option, but I want to be able to “casually” compete with it to build and maintain skills with it. Thanks!
    I've got one from Black Rhino Concealment with an SLS-ish style hood that I was hoping to use for 3-gun. However, I'm not sure I can recommend it quite yet. It's close, but not quite right, so I'm shooting an iron sight LTT 92 out of a Safariland ALS in the meantime. I'm pretty sure mine was the first one they'd attempted for a PX4CC RDO. I'm on the second iteration of the holster shell now, and am going to reach out to them and ask for a few more tweaks, which hopefully will make it viable. They were very responsive to making the first set of changes I asked for, and given that a PX4CC RDO is a fairly uncommon pistol, I'm not upset that I have to be the beta tester.
    Last edited by Dave J; 12-02-2022 at 01:17 PM.

Site Supporter
    But doesn’t the retail CC already have those?
    Yes, but you said it was a Compact, not a Compact Carry?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    I've got one from Black Rhino Concealment with an SLS-ish style hood that I was hoping to use for 3-gun. However, I'm not sure I can recommend it quite yet. It's close, but not quite right, so I'm shooting an iron sight LTT 92 out of a Safariland ALS in the meantime. I'm pretty sure mine was the first one they'd attempted for a PX4CC RDO. I'm on the second iteration of the holster shell now, and am going to reach out to them and ask for a few more tweaks, which hopefully will make it viable. They were very responsive to making the first set of changes I asked for, and given that a PX4CC RDO is a fairly uncommon pistol, I'm not upset that I have to be the beta tester.

Does the ALS work well with the 92? I’ve heard mixed reports.

Will the PX4 compact fit PX4 full size holsters? They make an ALS for the full size, but I don’t know if they have an RDO option.

Yes, but you said it was a Compact, not a Compact Carry?
    Ah, I think I see what happened.

The beater at the pawn is a plain Compact. It looks like it was dragged on a chain and is $500 (I think.) But handling it makes me realize a new Compact Carry would work for me, especially with the current $75 rebate. There’s no way I would buy the pawn gun.

Does that clarify?
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Ah, I think I see what happened.

The beater at the pawn is a plain Compact. It looks like it was dragged on a chain and is $500 (I think.) But handling it makes me realize a new Compact Carry would work for me, especially with the current $75 rebate. There’s no way I would buy the pawn gun.

Does that clarify?
    I get it now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Does the ALS work well with the 92? I’ve heard mixed reports.

Will the PX4 compact fit PX4 full size holsters? They make an ALS for the full size, but I don’t know if they have an RDO option.

Safariland does not have dot compatible ALS for the 92 or PX4.

I have an ALS for a PX4, but my PX4CC is super tight in it. Guessing the slide narrows more gradually or something. They do not make PX4C specific holsters AFAIK

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Oh, fu*k me.
    They had a well beat Compact with Talon grips that I checked out, and the tape makes all the difference in the world. I wouldn’t buy this one, but with the current rebate…
    For the subcompacts, I make my own appliques out of blank sheets of Talon's grip material, but the off-the-rack ones for the compact are okay.

I gotta say this: a decent pistol can be had with just a few items from LTT and a thorough cleaning, deburring and lubing. I have had a few that a just hammer spring change and polishing of a few spots was all it took to make me content... at least for a while.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

User Tag List