Page 45 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    The oily PX4 went for 568 rounds and I had another two failures, identical to my prior malfunctions. First two photos is the first malfunction. The third photo is the second malfunction. Both with PPU 115 grain range ammo.

I had a bunch of hotter NATO fmj that gave no issues, and I shot another 110 rounds after the malfunctions occurred without issue.

This malfunction is a bitch to clear as well it requires dropping the mag and fully clearing the chamber every time. A tap rack makes it worse.

I have a call in to Beretta and will ask them to take pistol in for inspection. If they won’t, will consider replacing springs or just lubing it every range session.

It remains a great shooting gun.
    That's not normal. I've put 2 PX4s through the 2,000 round challenge with no issues and I took my PX4 CC to 3,500 rounds before adding lube. You shouldn't be having those issues.
    Shoot more, post less...

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    That's not normal. I've put 2 PX4s through the 2,000 round challenge with no issues and I took my PX4 CC to 3,500 rounds before adding lube. You shouldn't be having those issues.
    Good to know I am not being overly picky.

Good to know I am not being overly picky.
    Send it back along with pics/description of the malfunctions.
    Shoot more, post less...

Glad mine is not doing that. I'd definitely send it back to Beretta for analysis.

So two things have come up as of late.

One, steel case ammo can damage a chamber. If the case has a flaw, and it is fired through the gun, that flaw can cause damage to the chamber of the gun. I have seen this mostly in AR15s, but it could also happen in a pistol I am sure. Given the history of Tulla or maybe Silver Bear ammo in the gun, it makes me wonder.

Two, I have recently, my trip to Italy, found out that there are not only multiple extractors for the PX4, but there are also multiple extractor spring sets for them. Meaning that the different extractors do not use the same springs. This is new information for not only me, but for at least those that were with me in Italy.

Bottom line, this gun should go back to Beretta to be sorted out. This is not normal, for me, or the others on this thread that has tons of flawless ammo thought the gun.

I am collecting the info on the extractors and plan on posting once i have it all sorted out and know that it is correct.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

https://youtu.be/Eg18fqJap8E

Mac is doing up a px4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    https://youtu.be/Eg18fqJap8E

Mac is doing up a px4

Saw that. Based on my own testing I think the PX4 should make it through his "elemental" testing but it's gonna start having issues when sand covers the gun. My PX4 had issues with that. All it took was cycling the slide in water to return it to function though. I hope his sample does well!
    Shoot more, post less...

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Given the history of Tulla or maybe Silver Bear ammo in the gun, it makes me wonder.
    To clarify, my PX4 has had six malfunctions in 1943 rounds. All the same type of failure to eject with the round underneath running partially into the chamber.

I have run 10-12 types of ammunition through it.

Malfunctions occurred with:

S&B 115 grain
    PPU 124 grain X3
    Armscor 124 grain
    Brown Bear 115 grain

I ran 350 rounds of mixed Wolf poly coated 115 grain and laquer coated Brown Bear steel cases ammo between rounds 900-1250. All the Wolf ran fine.

Half the malfunctions occurred before I ran any steel cased ammo through it. Two occurred after and one during.

I contacted Beretta and the gun is en route to them. I will keep you all up to date on what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Saw that. Based on my own testing I think the PX4 should make it through his "elemental" testing but it's gonna start having issues when sand covers the gun. My PX4 had issues with that. All it took was cycling the slide in water to return it to function though. I hope his sample does well!
    I hope it does to. It should pass the first section. After that as long as it does decent I could care less. Cool thing is the gun is getting a little recognition. I liked how after he shot it, it was like huh. Why have I taken this long to try it. To bad it is not a px4cc or at least a decock model.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So two things have come up as of late.

One, steel case ammo can damage a chamber. If the case has a flaw, and it is fired through the gun, that flaw can cause damage to the chamber of the gun. I have seen this mostly in AR15s, but it could also happen in a pistol I am sure. Given the history of Tulla or maybe Silver Bear ammo in the gun, it makes me wonder.

Two, I have recently, my trip to Italy, found out that there are not only multiple extractors for the PX4, but there are also multiple extractor spring sets for them. Meaning that the different extractors do not use the same springs. This is new information for not only me, but for at least those that were with me in Italy.

Bottom line, this gun should go back to Beretta to be sorted out. This is not normal, for me, or the others on this thread that has tons of flawless ammo thought the gun.

I am collecting the info on the extractors and plan on posting once i have it all sorted out and know that it is correct.
    I contacted Beretta and the gun is en route to them. I will keep you all up to date on what they say.
    Be very interested in this. I picked up a subcompact slide, in 9mm, missing the extractor and springs. I am wondering now, as one spring is OOS at one place often, but not the other, if the springs I have for it, with the extractor, will work together. (only sell x style springs to and in the USA, verses some other country where they may supply....)

User Tag List