Page 78 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Just had the first decent day of weather and days off to get a solid range session in. Ran a whole bunch of various drills the PX4CC Full Size. Various tests,, modified Vickers 300, stuff at speed and stuff slow. I am really impressed with the handling of the gun, the trigger and the sights. Love my PX4CC,s for daily concealed carry, but the full size will be a dedicated OWB training gun. Tried the 92’s in that role, but I seem to just meld much better with the PX4CC platform.
    That's GOOD work Bro!!

SO sell me your 92's now seeing how you don't want them...
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    That's GOOD work Bro!!

SO sell me your 92's now seeing how you don't want them...
    Or his HKs...they are used so tree-fifty.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Finally handled one of these today at the LGS. Had never seen one in the flesh, much less touched one. Trigger wasn't bad, controls seemed well placed. Grip was definitely slick, though. Think I'd prefer stippling to Talon Grips. Been thinking about this as an option for the retirement carry gun (the CC version), along with the CZ P07. Gonna have to get ahold of a C model to shoot.

Also realized why I don't go to gun stores anymore. Nice older man behind the counter nearly had a stroke when I dry fired the pistol in DA and SA. Informed me I may have broken the gun by doing so. *Sigh*. Oh well. His store. I just apologized and left. Nice gun, though.

Site Supporter

Sight Height

I really like my PX4, but it shoots low for me, about 1-1/2" at 12 yards. What I'd like to do is send it to LT and have the Ameriglo sights installed, but I don't want to go through the expense and end up having to use Kentucky elevation (it's on for windage).

I've got a class next Saturday that I'd like to use for final vetting to make this my new carry gun. I'm going to go old-school next week and take it to the range with ammo and a flat file and get the POI where I want it. I've already noted that I've blacked out the rear dots and painted the front sight bright red for the redneck version of the Ameriglo sight picture. I'd really like it to end up a bit more...elegant.

One option is to go with the Ameriglo front sight and the adjustable rear sight that Beretta offers. Two possible issues are incompatible notch width and the robustness (or lack thereof) of the adjustable rear sight.

I haven't been able to find out if Ameriglo offers different heights for their rear sights; their website shows one rear for everything.

If anyone has any input on this, I'd appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Finally handled one of these today at the LGS. Had never seen one in the flesh, much less touched one. Trigger wasn't bad, controls seemed well placed. Grip was definitely slick, though. Think I'd prefer stippling to Talon Grips. Been thinking about this as an option for the retirement carry gun (the CC version), along with the CZ P07. Gonna have to get ahold of a C model to shoot.

Also realized why I don't go to gun stores anymore. Nice older man behind the counter nearly had a stroke when I dry fired the pistol in DA and SA. Informed me I may have broken the gun by doing so. *Sigh*. Oh well. His store. I just apologized and left. Nice gun, though.
    The PX4CC for me has become a stellar retirement gun. It simply carries small like everyone else’s sub compact but shoots like a full size. The only drawback for me is that magazines are not something you can find anywhere. Other than that....a great choice combined with a lightweight J frame.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    I'm going to go old-school next week and take it to the range with ammo and a flat file and get the POI where I want it.
    Done. I had to take the front sight down to the top of the dot to do it, but it shoots to POA now.

I have been concentrating on the M&P platform for the last 5 years as my competition & duty weapon. I recently picked up a stock PX4C as a project gun, to fiddle with. With only 10 rounds through the gun and just changing the hammer spring to a 14 lb hammer spring, installing Talon Grip Panels; I shot an IDPA match with it. So call me an idiot or gutsy (probably a gutsy idiot) I placed 7th overall out of 40 shooters, not bad for not having spent any time with a DA/SA gun since the 80's. With only a 110 rounds down the pipe I equaled my best score 299/300 on our company's Q course that uses a 6 inch bull out to 15 yards (No one has shot a perfect score on this course). When I do my part the bullets land where I aim.

I have since converted it to a G variant and installed a 12 lb hammer spring. The instillation of the 12 LB spring made a bigger difference in the quality of the trigger than the 14 lb did. Future plans are to shave and refinish the right side lever of the slide release, install Langdon Ameriglow sights and install Earnest's new safety/decock levers when they become available. I also see a Full Size gun in my future.
    Last edited by rsa-otc; 04-10-2018 at 09:15 AM.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Site Supporter
    Revchuck, you may find a higher rear sight by checking with Beretta customer service.

Site Supporter
    @willie - Thanks, you're probably right. I kinda like the way it is right now, redneck though it may be.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post

I can't stand gun stores anymore to the point where I'm more than willing to take the chance on a gun sight unseen most of the time. A few different online retailers have good return policies and I'd rather not deal with the bubbas and the down-talk from the shop owners.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List