Page 124 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1290

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Site Supporter
    I went back to the 12 lb. springs when I started using my stash of small rifle primers to load 9x19. I also had failures to fire with the 10 lb. springs when using Winchester NATO-spec ammo. The 12 lb. springs work with everything I've tried them with.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Glad you didn't find this out when you really needed the pistol to defend yourself or others. I went with the spring in the link below. It's an OEM D-spring for the PX4 Storm. It's been 100% with all ammo, including NATO. The double action is sweet, though not much difference in SA pull and I am ok with that. This spring was recommended on PF by others.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019282366?pid=582475

A nice Compact Carry on GB in case anyone may be interested: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1016863628

My new-to-me PX4 compact is set up for carry.
    Still waiting on a holster, and a lot of practice.
    Thanks to @LangdonTactical for the work on the pistol.

"... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    My new-to-me PX4 compact is set up for carry.
    CSW, what ammo did you settle on for carry? Just curious, I know you researched the subject.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    CSW, what ammo did you settle on for carry? Just curious, I know you researched the subject.
    Came to decide on 124 HST.
    124 S&B ball was very accurate in this pistol.
    I plan on doing some denim and water jugs testing, to see the expansion of the bullet.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Anyone run into mags not being dropfree?, I got some last blackfriday and somehow I didn't notice one of the mags not being drop free both loaded and unloaded until now. Beretta offered to take it back on store credit so I guess I will do that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by polishk View Post
    Anyone run into mags not being dropfree?, I got some last blackfriday and somehow I didn't notice one of the mags not being drop free both loaded and unloaded until now. Beretta offered to take it back on store credit so I guess I will do that.
    Nope. I've got 16 of them and never had a problem with them dropping freely. You probably got a mag that doesn't meet specs, I'd just ask them to swap for another one.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

No, but I've had a few followers hang up. The PX4 mags I have (other than the Langdon NP3 mags) all have had quite a bit of shipping "goo" in them. They took some cleaning effort to get the goo out of the tubes.

anti-gravity mags?

We have tons of PX4 mags with lots of range time, defensive use and carrying. We have not had any magazines that characteristically failed to drop free. Occasionally, at the range a mag can get slow at dropping (usually once in about 5,000 rounds between range mag cleaning). The remedy is usually to clean in the magazine well of the pistol's grip with a baby-bottle brush (hold onto the slide catch with your finger) and a better wiping of the outer mag box.

As @JTQ mentioned, new mags have packaging goo on them and that can cause problems. Rubbing alcohol on a cloth or paper towel makes short work of that clean-up chore.
    There is a possibility that the holes for the mag release outer housing are burred outward and can be hanging up.

Though it is a personal choice... sending it back to Beretta for a replacement could be an easier choice (perhaps after trying cleaning). They are cooperative about the process.

User Tag List