Page 113 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1290

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Site Supporter

Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Does the ALS work well with the 92? I’ve heard mixed reports.
    They've worked well for me. They can be a little troublesome when new, when the ALS mechanism has a sharp corner that snags the slide cutouts. However, this works itself out with a little break-in, or you can remove the ALS mechanism and round the corner slightly with a file to hasten the process.

The older suede lined ALS holsters (6000-series) also have less clearance around the light rail on the M9A1/LTT guns compared to the newer unlined 7000-series. This can restrict the draw path so that the gun doesn't quite fully clear the ALS mechanism on the way out. I have one 6378 that works well with my M9A1/LTT-framed guns, and one that doesn't but is just fine with non-railed frames. I've been meaning to remove some of the suede liner from the tighter one to see if that fixes it, but the easy answer IMHO is just to buy the 7000-series if you have a railed frame. FWIW, the 7000-series even works with a Brig Tac.

Will the PX4 compact fit PX4 full size holsters? They make an ALS for the full size, but I don’t know if they have an RDO option.
    Yes. It's tight, but the PX4 compact will work in a full size ALS. I removed a little bit of the suede liner near the rear sight, and I think I may have lightly heat gunned the holster body near the forward portion of the slide to gain just a little more clearance. May be one of those things where it depends on which side of the tolerance scale your particular holster falls, but with those adjustments mine works well.

This is all for iron sight guns. No Safariland duty options exist for RDO Berettas, as far as I'm aware. It looks to me like you could cut away some of the holster body on an SLS, but I'm not sure how much clearance you'd have for the optic once the hood is rotated forward...and I've never looked to see if there was ever an SLS option for the PX4.

The black sharpie lines show the area where I removed the suede on this PX4 FS holster.
    Last edited by Dave J; 12-02-2022 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    For the subcompacts, I make my own appliques out of blank sheets of Talon's grip material, but the off-the-rack ones for the compact are okay.

I gotta say this: a decent pistol can be had with just a few items from LTT and a thorough cleaning, deburring and lubing. I have had a few that a just hammer spring change and polishing of a few spots was all it took to make me content... at least for a while.
    I’m thinking a well broken in commercial CC might get me most of the way there, and adding a TJIB would probably make it a 90% gun.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m thinking a well broken in commercial CC might get me most of the way there, and adding a TJIB would probably make it a 90% gun.
    It looks like euro optic has a brand new compact for $500.
    Adam

...the tape makes all the difference in the world.
    ...or a good stippling job. I got my PX4CC used from a forum member who had stippled the grip, and it makes all the difference in the world.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Oh, fu*k me.

Remember how I decided to pass on a PX4CC based on the used PX4s I handled in a local store?

Well, this morning I ran out from the hospital for a sec to get snacks and poked my head in at a pawnshop. They had a well beat Compact with Talon grips that I checked out, and the tape makes all the difference in the world. I wouldn’t buy this one, but with the current rebate…

(I know this is potential stress buying, but what the hell.)

What are the differences between a retail Compact Carry and a CC from Langdon - the trigger job?
    The power of the Trident compels you.
    The power of the Trident compels you...
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Excellent post @Dave J.

The ALS style holster, when properly executed, is the premier holster option for duty IMO. An ALS that I had for a P-07 had the same hang up issues until it was well broken in, and then worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    It looks like euro optic has a brand new compact for $500.
    Compact or Compact Carry? I found a deal on a new Compact Carry for $574, no tax and cheap shipping - and the $75 rebate will be off that. I went ahead and did a web order on my phone while driving my pickup at 65 on a back road - how Texas is that?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Compact or Compact Carry? I found a deal on a new Compact Carry for $574, no tax and cheap shipping - and the $75 rebate will be off that. I went ahead and did a web order on my phone while driving my pickup at 65 on a back road - how Texas is that?
    That's a really, really sweet deal!
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    That's a really, really sweet deal!
    The difference is even less when you figure in the third magazine.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    The $500 was just for a compact. They also had the CC on gunbroker for $750 or so and I bought that the other week, it was the cheapest at the time. But damn, $574 is a heck of a deal. The 12# Wilson spring dropped my DA to 8lbs 3 oz, single action dropped 2oz to 4lb 3oz. Installing the Carry levers tonight.
    Adam

User Tag List