Page 76 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

I've read some people have some grime and dirt congeal inside of the action/firing pin channel of the gun, even under relatively low round counts which lead to light strikes. After taking down the slide and thoroughly cleaning the slide and all parts, and keeping excess lube from getting in there, they apparently had no further issues.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    So, I've been waiting for this spring to arrive. Saturday it was at the USPS distribution center in Lafayette, LA, which is normal. Then checking the tracking number showed it as being "In transit - delayed". I checked this morning and got this:

I had to google "GU" - it's Guam. Guess that USPS thought it needed a Pacific island vacation.
    I have a couple due to arrive tomorrow. I sure hope mine don’t end up in Guam. ��
    Last edited by DRJ; 03-16-2018 at 09:54 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DRJ View Post
    I have a couple due to arrive tomorrow. I sure hope mine don’t end up in Guam. ��
    I ordered a replacement and it's supposed to be here today, though I doubt it'll make it since it's in Baton Rouge. The other one is on its way back from Guam. I wouldn't be surprised to have them both show up the same day.

Site Supporter
    I ordered a replacement and it's supposed to be here today, though I doubt it'll make it since it's in Baton Rouge. The other one is on its way back from Guam. I wouldn't be surprised to have them both show up the same day.
    The replacement I ordered got here yesterday. I installed it and took it to the range today and put about 100 rounds total of S&B, MEN and Federal AE hardball through it and it ran fine. When I got home from the range, the one that went to Guam was in the mailbox. I love it when a plan comes together.

Site Supporter

Issue with Sights - Shooting Low

Using various 124-grain loads, the gun seems to print an inch or two low at seven yards using the top of the front sight as the POA. It could well have to do with the way I hold my mouth or something else unrelated to the pistol. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm planning on sending the slide to Ernest for the Ameriglo sights he offers. Do these change the POI relative to the stock sights?

Worst case, I could switch to 147s for this gun, but keeping two 9x19 loads would be a hassle.
    Last edited by revchuck38; 03-20-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Using various 124-grain loads, the gun seems to print an inch or two low at seven yards using the top of the front sight as the POA. It could well have to do with the way I hold my mouth or something else unrelated to the pistol. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm planning on sending the slide to Ernest for the Ameriglo sights he offers. Do these change the POI relative to the stock sights?

Worst case, I could switch to 147s for this gun, but keeping two 9x19 loads would be a hassle.
    Our experience with the Storm 9 has been that on a 1.5" square @10 yards the front sight needs to be aligned with the top of the sight even with the top of the square to hit the center with 115 grn loads. We would have to hold the top of the front sight even with the bottom of the square to hit the center with 124 grn loads.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 03-20-2018 at 06:00 PM.

I got my springs and immediately put them in my two PX4s. My new compact turned out great but I already had a 12# in my sub compact and could feel little deference in it. The compact 9 has a much better trigger with a much shorter reset than the sub 40 and I’m not sure I understand why.

@LangdonTactical
    At 20,000 rounds on your test PX4 you replaced certain parts and springs. 30,000 rounds later, at 50,000, did you replace any parts and springs?
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 03-28-2018 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    @LangdonTactical
    At 20,000 rounds on your test PX4 you replaced certain parts and springs. 30,000 rounds later, at 50,000, did you replace any parts and springs?
    I did replace parts along the way. Recoil springs ever 10k until I hit 30K. I did the parts listed at 20K. The Cam Block at 44Kish (whenever it broke). That's it, nothing was replaced after 30K other than the cam block. Gun has not been fired since the end of the test. So as of now, it sits at 50,000 rounds in my safe.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I did replace parts along the way. Recoil springs ever 10k until I hit 30K. I did the parts listed at 20K. The Cam Block at 44Kish (whenever it broke). That's it, nothing was replaced after 30K other than the cam block. Gun has not been fired since the end of the test. So as of now, it sits at 50,000 rounds in my safe.
    On Beretta's site http://www.beretta.com/en-us/px4hardtokill/ they list it at 55,363. Are they writing about something else?

User Tag List