Page 30 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I am going to hit them up again this morning and see where we stand on those. By the way, I think the full-size cap sights are done now. I will confirm.
    That would be flippin' wonderful to have PX4 sights that match the way I have my carry pistols set up.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

OK, I hit 23,000 today. Had to shoot exactly 556 rounds today to hit that number. Go figure?

The gun is running 100% still, no broken parts and no issues since I stopped pushing my thumb into the slide or slide stop. Not a single failure now in over 14,000 rounds of any type. Those are solid numbers for any gun. Speaking of numbers (cause I know some of you love them ;

75 Trips to the range
    306 Average number of rounds fired per range session
    650 Most rounds fired in a single range session
    23 Least number of rounds fired in a single range session
    18 Different types of Ammo
    15 Different Ranges
    6 Different Holsters (edit, I forgot about one)

Name:  File Jul 27, 14 07 04.jpg
Views: 1198
Size:  73.3 KB
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 07-27-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

it's posts and threads like this that give me confidence in my Px4 that i carry everyday.

i don't have the time nor the ammo to duplicate such testing, but i can't remember the last time mine didn't go "bang" when i wanted it to.

Vending Machine Operator
    Outstanding!

People have their fanboy brands and mine is Beretta. I understand logically that all guns are machines and machines can break. But I've been shooting Berettas for 23 years, own 8 presently, and the ONLY stoppages I've ever had were low velocity rounds from the Bobcat .22LR. And even there, barely any.

I reluctantly carry Glock because I have a hard time with the DA/SA transition, range targets don't lie, and I shoot Glock better. Still, more than Glock, more than HK, more than Sig, I trust my Berettas to go bang.

Even my quite heavily used gunbroker-bought Cougar 8040 the Beretta is based on has never sneezed on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 07-27-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post

I reluctantly carry Glock because I have a hard time with the DA/SA transition,
    I have a Beretta PX4 type C for sale that could cure that for you

First Real Malfunction

So today a the range I had my first real malfunction with the PX4 Full-Size. Straight up failure to extract, a stove pipe. Trying to feed a new round but the old brass was sitting in the ejection port getting in the way.

Now I have been noticing some inconsistent ejection patterns since I did the small parts replacement at 20K. I finished the range session, about another 200 rounds and paid more attention to ejection. Gun ran fine, but the ejection was pretty erratic.

So on the drive home, I started thinking, what did I screw up in the rebuild? Did I do something wrong? Leave out the second extractor spring?

So when I got home I pulled the extractor out of the gun for inspection. I had not really looked at it when putting it in the gun. I just pulled it out of the bag and put it in the gun. The first thing I noticed was there was no loaded chamber groove or red paint. I don't really care, but it should be there.

So I dug through my parts and found another new 9mm PX4 extractor, and guess what???? One of these things is not like the other;

Name:  Photo Jul 28, 14 20 58.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  28.9 KB
    Name:  Photo Jul 28, 14 19 11.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  40.8 KB

My best guess is that I have had a .40 S&W extractor in the gun for the last 3600 (edit, did my math wrong) rounds or so. I am also guessing this will improve my ejection pattern and solve the issue of having failures to extract, even though it has only happend this one time.

Kind of pissed at myself that I did not catch this when I put it in. Beretta sent me a bag of parts that I asked for and I just blindly put them in the gun. Shame on me, I should know better.

The good news is the gun ran pretty damn well with the wrong part in there. Guess they are different for a reason!
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 07-28-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Lamont.....

eh, parts are parts....except when they are the wrong part.

Another picture for you that shows some other details.

Name:  Photo Jul 28, 14 18 49.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  24.0 KB
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Was on the range with my new tan one today. Really can't see going anywhere else these days gun wise. They "fit my current life". With that said, I am going to let me kid take the full size out. She is finding out that while she seems to like the 92, she doesn't like working the slide, and generally working the gun. She got pinched by getting a finger in between the slide and barrel with the open slide and has been a bit intimidated since then. The PX 4 full size may be the solution.

Undisputed king of the thread drifters here. DB, whatever happened to your H&KP30SK....experience?

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Undisputed king of the thread drifters here. DB, whatever happened to your H&KP30SK....experience?
    The HK saga....found I like the P2000SK better than The P30SK. Wayne Dobbs is the opposite. Wayne ended up with a couple P30SK's and I ended up with a few P2000SK's. Wayne and I also both have VP9SK's. Mine needs to go back to HK for some sight work, but it just hasn't been a priority. I could easily go back to the P2000SK for daily carry, but the Beretta is simply working for me right now, especially in a non ban state. If I was still in California....I would be carrying an HK. My new girlfriend is carrying a PX4CC as well, and it simply makes sense for us to use the same gun if it works for both of us.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List