Page 117 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1290

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I think this is where people were waiting for PX4 full size Carry to come back to Langdon - they sent out an email that they have them now.
    Name:  Screenshot_20221216-122218_Gmail.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  29.2 KB

So does LTT do a “carry” sub compact PX4 or have any of you guys done that?

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    I have never purchased or used a TJIAB so we'll have to ask the other members if it comes lubricated. But, yes... that polishing is an advantage to the trigger job over the competition trigger group, stock.

There is an interesting concept about honing and smoothing interacting parts. When you hone or smooth a part there is less indentation, minor cratering or anomalies caused by tooling or casting. So, when two surfaces have been well polished in the correct way that they remain square to each other and flush there becomes more surface area that is touching more surface area. Meanwhile, there is less indentation or cratering to store lubrication in.

While the honing is reducing friction by making the surface more slick it is increasing friction by having more surface touching more surface. This is why some light lubrication is helpful for the parts to fit to each other as well as being individually honed.

This is another reason that I prefer grease to oil, as grease has a minor polishing effect.
    I seemed to recall there being what looked like white lithium grease on the TJIAB, so I took a quick peek and yes, it came greased. So that makes my last post rhetorical I guess lol. Continued dry fire has improved it further as things “settle in.” Overall I’m very pleased with it! I need to install the Talon grips and find a suitable RDS for it (can’t decide between an RMR or a 508T, trolling the RDS forum now), and then I’ll save up for a stipple job. I’m super excited to get it to the range so I can vet it and add it to the carry rotation!

Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    I seemed to recall there being what looked like white lithium grease on the TJIAB, so I took a quick peek and yes, it came greased. So that makes my last post rhetorical I guess lol. Continued dry fire has improved it further as things “settle in.” Overall I’m very pleased with it! I need to install the Talon grips and find a suitable RDS for it (can’t decide between an RMR or a 508T, trolling the RDS forum now), and then I’ll save up for a stipple job. I’m super excited to get it to the range so I can vet it and add it to the carry rotation!
    He uses TW25b, between the hammer and the sear. I did similar but also put some through the hammer pin hole.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    He uses TW25b, between the hammer and the sear. I did similar but also put some through the hammer pin hole.
    Curious, why would you put grease in the hammer pin hole? Other than being placed in there for assembly or removed for disassembly it does not move or make any contact. It could cause it to slip out of the spring more easily?

I would see it to be advantageous to put some on the hammer pivot pin that the hammer pivots on (which I recommend) but why the hammer pin hole?

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Curious, why would you put grease in the hammer pin hole? Other than being placed in there for assembly or removed for disassembly it does not move or make any contact. It could cause it to slip out of the spring more easily?

I would see it to be advantageous to put some on the hammer pivot pin that the hammer pivots on (which I recommend) but why the hammer pin hole?
    The pivot pin is the pin I was referring too.
    Not having much time off between Thanksgiving and Christmas, trying to get a new relationship going during this and not a lot of sleep, makes me not use the proper terminology, but I figured it would be figured out/moving parts and all.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    The pivot pin is the pin I was referring too.
    Not having much time off between Thanksgiving and Christmas, trying to get a new relationship going during this and not a lot of sleep, makes me not use the proper terminology, but I figured it would be figured out/moving parts and all.
    I hope you get some time off and your endeavors go as smoothly as a well lubed TJIAB!

Anyone give a tlr7a a try on a full size px4 , I know there issues on a regular tlr7a on a compact but I'm guessing the regular tlr7a should play nice with the fullsize rail at least stream light says so.

Should come a out flush with the front of the slide although finding a holster will probably be a chore

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by polishk View Post
    Anyone give a tlr7a a try on a full size px4 , I know there issues on a regular tlr7a on a compact but I'm guessing the regular tlr7a should play nice with the fullsize rail at least stream light says so.

Should come a out flush with the front of the slide although finding a holster will probably be a chore
    It fits perfectly, but good luck with a holster. JM makes holsters for the PX4CC with a TLR7Sub.

Quote Originally Posted by polishk View Post

Yes, a TLR-7A works just fine with a full size PX4. Black Rhino Concealment makes concealment holsters, and Safariland duty holsters can be adjusted to fit this combination. (This combination also fits quite well into a single AR-15 magazine pouch, if you wanted to move your pistol onto a chest rig or something. )

One good thing about the light not protruding past the muzzle is that the bezel of the light does not get any fouling at all when you fire the gun. Makes maintenance of the light real simple. The downside of the TLR-7A is of course that it's not all that bright compared to some larger, bulkier lights.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

User Tag List