Page 95 of 129 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Can anybody tell me what the width of the standard sights (front post and rear notch) and the Ameriglo set on the full size custom carry?

I recently installed a competition trigger in one of my standard compacts that has been converted to a cc. I got the trigger from optics planet as a "open box" competition trigger, I couldn't resist because I got it for $40.

My question is that is it normal when you thumb cock the hammer into single action that it doesn't reset the trigger right? Basically with pistol unloaded if I thumb cock the hammer I have to squeeze the trigger once then let go and you hear it reset. The pistol does not fire though simply by thumb cocking the hammer into single action.

Is this some sort of safety or is there a problem? I have shot the pistol about 300 rounds since I installed the trigger and no malfunctions if starting from double action like I normally do.

I also reinstalled factory normal trigger to see if that can be thumb cocked to single and fire, and it did.

Overall I have 2,800 or so rounds through it without a malfunction, other than me not fully seating a mag fully on a reload twice.

I am sad to say since I am heavily invested in glocks that I shoot the px4 compact better, I love shooting it actually. I want to practically vomit now when I shoot my glocks lol. The only knocks I have against the px4 compact is a useless light rail, and to me that is a big deal, and poor grip texture. It still looks like a hi point to me too, but the looks grow on you after awhile. Dare I say I might actually like it better than my m9a3, and that used to be my favorite pistol.

I haven't tried a comp trigger group on my PX4c but that sure doesn't seem normal to me.

trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    I recently installed a competition trigger in one of my standard compacts that has been converted to a cc. I got the trigger from optics planet as a "open box" competition trigger, I couldn't resist because I got it for $40.

My question is that is it normal when you thumb cock the hammer into single action that it doesn't reset the trigger right? Basically with pistol unloaded if I thumb cock the hammer I have to squeeze the trigger once then let go and you hear it reset. The pistol does not fire though simply by thumb cocking the hammer into single action.

Is this some sort of safety or is there a problem? I have shot the pistol about 300 rounds since I installed the trigger and no malfunctions if starting from double action like I normally do.

I also reinstalled factory normal trigger to see if that can be thumb cocked to single and fire, and it did.

Overall I have 2,800 or so rounds through it without a malfunction, other than me not fully seating a mag fully on a reload twice.

I am sad to say since I am heavily invested in glocks that I shoot the px4 compact better, I love shooting it actually. I want to practically vomit now when I shoot my glocks lol. The only knocks I have against the px4 compact is a useless light rail, and to me that is a big deal, and poor grip texture. It still looks like a hi point to me too, but the looks grow on you after awhile. Dare I say I might actually like it better than my m9a3, and that used to be my favorite pistol.

When you write Competition Trigger do you mean literally the trigger only or the Competition Trigger "group" that has the hammer unit assembly also?

clarifying

@10mmfanboy , If I understand correctly, you are saying that when you thumb cock it the hammer does stay back and the trigger is moved to the rear. However, the trigger is too far rearward that you must free it up by moving it for it to move forward a little and reset so that it can be used to fire. You also indicated that you can hear the reset when you prep the trigger.

This is not normal. This sounds like a sticking trigger bar. Either the trigger bar is slightly out of alignment or has an obstacle. When you thumb cock the hammer a little ledge on the hammer pulls the trigger back and the trigger bar down a little. As soon as the hammer rests on the sear the trigger should be reset and ready to be pulled. Since it is not and you hear the reset (which is the sound of the trigger bar popping up) it seems to be a sticking or misaligned trigger bar.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 07-21-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    @10mmfanboy , If I understand correctly, you are saying that when you thumb cock it the hammer does stay back and the trigger is moved to the rear. However, the trigger is too far rearward that you must free it up by moving it for it to move forward a little and reset so that it can be used to fire. You also indicated that you can hear the reset when you prep the trigger.

This is not normal. This sounds like a sticking trigger bar. Either the trigger bar is slightly out of alignment or has an obstacle. When you thumb cock the hammer a little ledge on the hammer pulls the trigger back and the trigger bar down a little. As soon as the hammer rests on the sear the trigger should be reset and ready to be pulled. Since it is not and you hear the reset (which is the sound of the trigger bar popping up) it seems to be a sticking or misaligned trigger bar.
    I am wondering when he is talking the trigger, if he is talking about the metal competition trigger, # C5G270, and if he has the pin fully in, so the bar isn't catching/misaligned slightly.

Sorry I forgot there is a metal competition trigger. Yes it is the full competition trigger group. If I thumb cock it into single action, the hammer will stay at full cocked position. When I pull the trigger to the rear the first time I get nothing, but when I release the trigger with letting my finger off the trigger you will hear it reset and then it will fire normally, but It will not on the first trigger pull. When I installed the original stock trigger it functions normally by thumb cocking trigger into single action and firing.

The trigger group didn't appear to be used it was considered an open box item. The only difference I see between the competition trigger group and my stock trigger group is the hammer spring retaining pin seems to stick out further than the stock trigger group. It doesn't appear to be out of shape or bent just sticks out further from the original trigger group.

Since the stock trigger works fine, I am assuming my trigger bar is fine. I don't really see anything different other than the hammer spring retaining pin, which is right by the trigger bar.

Does the competition trigger group supposed to come with a different trigger bar? Because this one did not.

And thank ya'll for all your help! I got the trigger group from gunbroker through optics planet for $40 so maybe it was just too good to be true lol.

trigger bar supplied?

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    Does the competition trigger group supposed to come with a different trigger bar? Because this one did not.

And thank ya'll for all your help! I got the trigger group from gunbroker through optics planet for $40 so maybe it was just too good to be true lol.
    The Competition Trigger Group does not come with a new trigger bar. The LTT TJIAB does, but the Competition Trigger Group does not.

Your observation might have found the actual cause. If the hammer pin protrudes too much it can cause drag against the trigger bar. If you get curious enough and feel like it, the PX4 will function the action without a hammer pin. You could even shoot it, but I would not recommend it. If you remove the hammer pin and the action functions correctly, you would know.
    I would guess that it is the same hammer pin in either fire control group, so the hammer frame might be faulty in the new one.

There have been reports occasionally of Competition Trigger Groups not working just right. Perhaps a refund is possible....

The Competition Trigger Group does not come with a new trigger bar. The LTT TJIAB does, but the Competition Trigger Group does not.

Your observation might have found the actual cause. If the hammer pin protrudes too much it can cause drag against the trigger bar. If you get curious enough and feel like it, the PX4 will function the action without a hammer pin. You could even shoot it, but I would not recommend it. If you remove the hammer pin and the action functions correctly, you would know.
    I would guess that it is the same hammer pin in either fire control group, so the hammer frame might be faulty in the new one.

There have been reports occasionally of Competition Trigger Groups not working just right. Perhaps a refund is possible....
    Yes sir, That appears to be the exact problem, the hammer pin must not be in spec and sticks out from the trigger housing too far, causing the trigger bar to come out of the notch just enough to cause problems. For now I just put the stock trigger group in, I am going to look up the part number for it and buy a new hammer pin. It will still be a good deal for the trigger group.

This is the first time I've really tinkered around with the lower, your help has been greatly appreciated! The px4 is actually not that complicated of a design stand point as far as I can tell so far, I'm digging it! Great pistol!

User Tag List