Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: AR10 questions

Quote Originally Posted by Spr1 View Post
    If Larue came out with a mid-wieght barreled PredatAR I know a couple folks who would jump on one.
    The light weight barrel profile has a barrel service life of 10k rounds, and is sub-MOA out to 600 and beyond. I have to ask, why one would want a heavier barrel? What is the perceived advantage? The Pred is not a precision rifle, but a GP battle rifle that happens to be sub-MOA capable. If you want a precision rifle, then the OBR with the heavier barrel profile is the solution in LaRue's current offerings.

I am very happy with the LaRue PredatAR. I was impressed during the T&E period, as were several co-workers. Impressed enough to drop nearly $40k out of pocket by guys for the private purchase of the 7.62 Preds, when the SCAR-H and KAC Mk11 are readily available for free.

Just sayin.............
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    The light weight barrel profile has a barrel service life of 10k rounds, and is sub-MOA out to 600 and beyond. I have to ask, why one would want a heavier barrel? What is the perceived advantage? The Pred is not a precision rifle, but a GP battle rifle that happens to be sub-MOA capable. If you want a precision rifle, then the OBR with the heavier barrel profile is the solution in LaRue's current offerings.

I am very happy with the LaRue PredatAR. I was impressed during the T&E period, as were several co-workers. Impressed enough to drop nearly $40k out of pocket by guys for the private purchase of the 7.62 Preds, when the SCAR-H and KAC Mk11 are readily available for free.

Just sayin.............
    Quoted to reemphasize.
    #RESIST

I was concerned about all the classic thin barrel symptoms. If a larger sample size than the few reports I have read says not to worry, that is good news. Hard to complain about having less weight to lug around.

Quote Originally Posted by Spr1 View Post

Hard to complain about having less weight to lug around.
    Yeah.

I am a firm believer in "Light Gear is Right Gear".
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Yeah.

I am a firm believer in "Light Gear is Right Gear".
    Agreed, and carrying a firearm all day in the field, whether hunting or otherwise, drives this point home. I have the -H and PredatAR, as much for their light weight as their other fine attributes. Curious why you prefer the Larue to the -H?

FWIW, I agree completely with Sean on the weight/function issue of the PredatAR. However, Larue is coming out with a heavier barrel version of the same gun, for those who are interested.

Edited:

Whoops, just saw that LL already posted that info.
    Last edited by SLG; 01-02-2012 at 02:42 PM.

User Tag List