Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill O'Reilly Out at Fox News

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Bill O'Reilly Out at Fox News

From NBC News:

Bill O'Reilly has reportedly been axed from Fox News.

O'Reilly will leave the network before he returns from vacation on April 24, according to New York Magazine, citing unnamed sources with knowledge of the discussion.

The future of Fox's ratings king had grown uncertain as reports swirled that the network was preparing to sever its relationship with him, but it appears that Rupert Murdoch, CEO of Fox News' parent company 21st Century Fox, has greenlighted the axing of the network's biggest star.

The news follows reporting by the New York Times that disclosed Bill O'Reilly and 21st Century Fox had settled multiple sexual harassment complaints against the network's top anchor over the years for a total of $13 million.

Now what remains is managing how that departure will unfold.
    Personally, I never liked O'Reilly, but I'm not sure there's a talking head I do like. I'm sure he'll probably setup his own media empire, but I wonder what's going to happen to Fox News.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    From NBC News:

Personally, I never liked O'Reilly, but I'm not sure there's a talking head I do like. I'm sure he'll probably setup his own media empire, but I wonder what's going to happen to Fox News.
    I've never liked him either. His arrogance and self absorbed persona just put me off. Is there anywhere he hasn't lived and worked? And he knows every subject better than the expert guests he has on his show so that he can interrupt them and tell them why he knows better.

What a douche.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Meh, never watched Fox (or any news network) anyway so it's no loss to me.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

There were times I was present while his show was playing, on a TV over which I had no control. I found him very annoying, to put it mildly.

Site Supporter
    Interesting to see the reshuffling at Fox.
    Never liked Bill the Bloviator.
    Will be interesting to see who gets his slot.
    Ben Shapiro?

Tucker Carlson is a poor replacement for Megyn Kelly, hopefully they do better with this one.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Good. I despised his blowhard, neo-con tough guy schtick.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Meh, never watched Fox (or any news network) anyway so it's no loss to me.
    TV news is for old people (no offense to the finely aged folks here) and airports.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I liked the Legends and Lies, the Patriots series. Curious to see who fills the eight o'clock slot.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Interesting to see the reshuffling at Fox.
    Never liked Bill the Bloviator.
    Will be interesting to see who gets his slot.
    Ben Shapiro?

Tucker Carlson is a poor replacement for Megyn Kelly, hopefully they do better with this one.
    I like Ben Shapiro and the way he frames his arguments but I wonder if he can hold back from proving his guests wrong.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Charles Krauthammer wouldn't be a bad choice. Even Dana Perino is much more reasonable than most of the other Fox style talking heads.

Tucker Carlson reminds me of someone who grew up with a silver spoon, had everything handed to him, attended prep school and tells everyone else about how they have to earn it. Oh wait, that is Tucker Carlson. I just want to beat him up and take his lunch money.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List