Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review: adidas Terrex Fast R Running Shoe

Review: adidas Terrex Fast R Running Shoe

Description:
    Per the manufacturer's description: Full forefoot adiprene for forefoot propulsion and efficiency Inlay: Molded Ortholite sockliner Midsole: Outdoor specific Formotion unit for enhanced motion control and downhill comfort Outsole: Traxion-featuring Continental rubber for extraordinary grip. This is the non-Gortex version of the Fast R shoe, comes in at about a weight of 13oz. I paid retail price from Amazon in July of 2016. I have worn them every day since EDC (even in the snow, on purpose) until I purchased their replacements, the Salomon Speedcross 4's which I recently posted about.
    Read the full review here
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Interesting shoe; thanks for posting. Adidas shoes tend to be my first place to look, as some Adidas shoes, at least, are better for my normal-forefoot/narrow-heel feet, than most other running shoes on the market. (Nothing from Salomon, that I have tried, has come close to fitting me.) Regarding the poor speed-lacing system, did the eyelets for the laces appear to be able to accept a different type of lacing? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Interesting shoe; thanks for posting. Adidas shoes tend to be my first place to look, as some Adidas shoes, at least, are better for my normal-forefoot/narrow-heel feet, than most other running shoes on the market. (Nothing from Salomon, that I have tried, has come close to fitting me.) Regarding the poor speed-lacing system, did the eyelets for the laces appear to be able to accept a different type of lacing? Thanks.
    They could probably take normally thin laces. But honestly, if I'm paying $140+ for shoes they shouldn't really need modifications, right?
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    They could probably take normally thin laces. But honestly, if I'm paying $140+ for shoes they shouldn't really need modifications, right?
    True, but laces being consumable items, anyway, I could forgive poor laces, on an otherwise well-fitting shoe. (My feet are seriously difficult to fit.) Thanks.

Good review VDM! The speed lacing catching on things make them a no go. I love my Salomons.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

voodoo_man

I'm having trouble finding the post on the Speedcross 4s you mentioned. Could you link it on this thread?

Great review btw. I'm new to the competitive game, but I see the Solomon's everywhere. Shoes are on my list of gear to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Slalom.45 View Post
    voodoo_man

I'm having trouble finding the post on the Speedcross 4s you mentioned. Could you link it on this thread?

Great review btw. I'm new to the competitive game, but I see the Solomon's everywhere. Shoes are on my list of gear to get.
    http://www.vdmsr.com/2017/04/speedcr...shoes.html?m=1

Could have sworn I put the link in the review ...
    VDMSR.com

Site Supporter
    I have some adidas that have lasted over 10 years. Best pair of running shoes I have ever owned.

I just need to find a store that has them so I can make sure they fit.

I wear an 8.5 in almost all my shoes (no I am not a Leprechaun!). Did you find you wore the same size in these as you do in most of your other shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I have some adidas that have lasted over 10 years. Best pair of running shoes I have ever owned.

I just need to find a store that has them so I can make sure they fit.

I wear an 8.5 in almost all my shoes (no I am not a Leprechaun!). Did you find you wore the same size in these as you do in most of your other shoes?
    Size was true to others makes.

Just to give out some more information, I'm sure I posted about this before I just cannot find it right now.

Every single shoe has a max life. Usually measured in miles. Your average running shoe will be around 250-400 miles, higher end versions give a bit more leeway in this but for the most part it's fairly standard across all platforms/companies. Most boots are rated for longer but they are also not worn as often or as long so they get more life.

Running shoes, specifically, get the worst of all the shoes as they get beat up in a very specific way. When I ran track in highschool I learned through my coach that you either keep a log or you get new running shoes for training every 3 or so months during training season.

If you run two or so miles a day, three days a week, every week you can keep a pair of shoes for a whole year with very minimal impact. If you run 3 miles a day three times a week, then that turns into 10ish months. You can figure out the rest.

For EDC shoes, even wearing them 8plus hours a day doesn't really mean you travel distance in them. Walking to your car, to work, around a bit, that's about it, which would take you longer to get to that mileage. It's why these adidas shoes are not very worn.

I'd recommend really considering changing out any shoes you wear for a long period and getting new ones.
    VDMSR.com

Site Supporter
    Yes the current ones I have should have been buried long ago. They just fit perfectly and have done so well
    For me. I don't use them often now.

User Tag List